Violetanai's baptismal party - all invited

by Marilyn 46 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

The two questions baptismal candidates answer before getting baptized have changed over the years. Take careful note especially of the changes in the second question. A radical switch has been made in the object of the one’s loyalty, proving once again that “simpler” is not always “better” ...

February 15, 1964 Watchtower, pg 127:

1 Have you repented of sin with such restitution as you are able, and are you trusting in the merit of Christ's sacrifice for the forgiveness of your sins and the basis of your justification?
      2 Have you made a full consecration of yourself with all the powers that you possess—talent, money, time, influence—all to the Lord, to be used faithfully in His service, even unto death?"

May 1, 1973 Watchtower, pg 280:
      1 Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation precedes from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?
      2 On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

June 1, 1985 Watchtower, p30:
      1 On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?
      2 Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?
  • jerome
    jerome

Ok you got me.

This was just a ploy to get attention.

Shew

And for a moment there I actually thought that this was serious.

Thank God.

Nobody can be that daft that after absorbing so much negative info about the Watchtower to still consider it truth.

jerome wipes sweat off his face.

Takes a deep breath in. Lets it out... Ahhhhhh

peace to you all.

jerome

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

And the prize goes to Jerome! Spot on Jerome!!! VA has Mondayitis and what better than a little attention seeking to fill in a Monday?

Marilyn.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

ViotetAnai said: Marilyn and the rest don't realize that I'm thoroughly enjoying getting their knickers in a knot....

Well shucks honey, we're enjoying ourselves too. As long as we don't have to haul our arses from door to door asking people to read inane WT drivel, we are prepared to be highly amused by you. I was wondering why you don't join a less demanding sect? Why not sign up with the Seventh Day Adventists? You'll get all the same benefits and none of the hassels. I would've said Mormons but tithing stinks.

Marilyn

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I'm so glad heaven and hell don't exist...Imagine spending an eternity with you Marilyn....wait....HELL ON EARTH!!!! RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Violet,

You wrote:

.....Marilyn and the rest don't realize that I'm thoroughly enjoying getting their knickers in a knot....LMAO

But I think I understand. It is fun for you to get people stirred up like this. If it were not so much fun, you would not have posted in the first place. The minute you made a decision to be baptized into the organization you would have gone far away from this Board because you know that your being here is displeasing to Jehovah. And yet.... you continue to post. You continue to answer accusations and to be in direct contact with what the society terms as apostates.

I have not been on this Board very long Violet and since I've been here this is the second time you have said goodbye and yet you are still here, because you enjoy it!

You insult the people here, you call them names and yet you come back and make new posts.

Admit it, you really don't want to leave do you. Where else are you going to enjoy yourself as much as you do here?

Anyway, I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Eternity.....the period of time between the first literature presentation and the morning coffeebreak.

Eternity.....the period of time between the first word of the public talk and the last question of the Watchtower Study.

Eternity.....waiting for Armageddon. (BTW, make sure you put a lot away in your 401K....waiting for eternity can be expensive.)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Someone help me out here. Is there not a verse in the Bible that says.......pay back not, evil for evil? Or something to that affect.

Yet Violet said:"I'm so glad heaven and hell don't exist...Imagine spending an eternity with you Marilyn....wait....HELL ON EARTH!!!! RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!"

Violet, I have to say that you will indeed fit in with the JWs if you feel and think this way. They do not take teh Bibles councel but rather wish bad things on people.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Darling Dutchie: I have neva made an anouncement of departure from this board...I luv it...so many luverly people here and so many others....well lets not get into that now....

And I haven't as yet dedicated myself to Jah in prayer, I'm still working on it...how can I when I'm still struggling with dope...what I said is that I know baptism is right round the corner for me because I believe it in my heart and one day I will achieve that goal.....

That's all!

• Solace
    Solace

Violet,
    You said,
    "I'm so glad heaven and hell don't exist"

And you are getting baptized?
    Learning about ones religion is a good thing.

Maybe you should get off the computer and catch up on your studies.
    Even witnesses believe there is a heaven.
    Only the W.T.S limits entry to a 144,000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit