A Toast to All the Brave Kids Who Broke Up with Their Toxic Moms

by rebel8 21 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sometimes holidays can be hard on us. Some of us deserve a little toast today.

A Toast to All the Brave Kids Who Broke Up with Their Toxic Moms

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Amen!

I'll drink to that - Cheers!

• OUTLAW
  • hoser
    hoser
    This resonates with me. I can't have a conversation with the person who gave birth to me without her subtly indicating that I'm somehow lacking.
  • blondie
    blondie
    I actually broke that relationship before leaving the WTS. It helped me identify the culture of abuse in the WTS and how its values empower toxic parents.
  • mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

I did the same as Blondie did - this was one of the healthiest things I ever did for myself. I left the JWs soon afterwards. Feeling so much better after dumping that relationship made me realize how unhealthy that whole group was.

Then it was just a matter of convincing the hubby to do the same.

• Protarded
    Protarded

Thanks for reminding some of us that we are not alone in our situation. I offered to take mine out to lunch today but she had the meeting. I Still had a great time

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I was just about to cut off my mother if every time we're in the same room and she'd try to think up something that would get a conversation started about why I should "come back"., which always ended up in an argument. She got sick and was in a nursing home before I could do that, but the way I feel about how she lied to me has not changed one bit.

I always wondered what she would say now if I could get hold of one of those mediums like Theresa Caputo, I wonder if she's offering an apology now saying I tried to steer you the wrong way.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes.

A toast to all of us 'motherless' ones!

And a toast to my mother whose most valuable lesson to me was how not to mother. From her, I leaned what not to do with my own children.

And, today is my favorite day of the year. My children treat me like a queen every Mother's Day.

Thank you , Mother. You taught me well what not to do.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I stayed home today and kept the TV off mostly. I don't really want to hear about how people looove their mamas so much and how all mothers are so great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit