Colorado Flooding Near My House

by dazed but not confused 65 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yes I took a concealed carry class. Here in Colorado we essentially have the “stand your ground law.” It’s actually the “Make my day” law. No joke…lol

No matter what, if someone is breaking into our house we can use deadly force no questions asked. Also the law allows you to kill someone if you stumble upon a rape in progress or abduction or someone being severely beaten. It has to be a life threatening beating where the person my not survive.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Colorado's "Make My Day" Law

By Jeralyn, Section Colorado News
    Posted on Tue Jul 30, 2013 at 03:56:34 PM EST
    Tags: stand your ground laws , gun rights (all tags) Share This: Digg!

The Denver Post has an article today about Colorado's "Make My Day" law that allows homeowners to use deadly force against an intruder in their home.

Introduced in 1985 as the Homeowner Protection Act, "make my day" gives Colorado residents the right to shoot and kill an intruder if they believe the person intends to commit a crime and use physical force, "no matter how slight." That extraordinary right stops at the door. Front porches and backyards don't count.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

That is great, seems like the intervention aspect of that law could get messy to parse out in court, and given the political climate it will be interesting to see they will attempt to overturn that law, let's hope not.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Its been on the news in this country about the flooding. Not nice.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Great! They are asking us to evacuate again. More flooding is coming.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Damn, hopefully the next torrent only floods kingdumb and assembly halls.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I hope you and your family will be ok and hopefully your home is high enough that it won't get flooded. Those pictures and video are really sad, so much devastation around you.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yeah. I think we are high enough where we sit. It would have to rise at least 4 to 5 feet to reach my front door. Mrs. Dazed and the kids went back to her sister’s house.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Bright side! OUR WATER IS BACK ON But we are under boil restrictions for the foreseeable future.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I wonder if the dubs in the area still went to meeting during the worst of it.

Well, it's not like the Kingdom Hall would be too busy "feeding the hungry and sheltering the homeless". Unlike another church in town. (Matthew 25:35-40, John 13:35)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit