Colorado Flooding Near My House

by dazed but not confused 65 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Here's an incredible video of the heart of our town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DROpPDNDpY

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Wow what a scary thing to experience. We have relatives in Lafeyette who said they were unaffected for the most part. I wonder if the dubs in the area still went to meeting during the worst of it. I hope you and yours are okay.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I wonder if the dubs in the area still went to meeting during the worst of it.

From what I could make out from the video, I believe both kingdom halls sadly were unaffected by the flooding...

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

One hall on Highway 119 is possible flooded but I don't think it is. It was however blocked from getting to it. Maybe still is?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    From what I could make out from the video, I believe both kingdom halls sadly were unaffected by the flooding...

That is unfortunate, no doubt they will view it a protection from their diety so that they can continue the preaching work without interruption. I think the storm was may have been more bearable.

This reminds me of a time 10 years ago when we were having our roof replaced (a three day job) and it started pouring the night after the old comp was removed. What a nightmare that was, fortunately drywall is quite resiliant stuff, and the repairs were not nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

So yesterday 2 MS came to my inactive sister in law’s house without an invitation to “see how we were doing” mostly to see my mother in law. They called her and texted her to see if they could stop by. She didn’t want to respond to their messages which I thought was odd.

Well they took it upon themselves to come by anyway and before any of us could stop him, my 4 year old son opened the door and let them in. I haven’t seen or talked to these guys for nearly 2 years now. It was a little awkward. I was working on my school work so I sat there in the living room while they mainly talked to my MIL. Mrs. Dazed sat in the kitchen and maybe said a couple sentences to them.

They mentioned they had canceled service for Saturday.

It was a little odd because these “brothers” probably have no idea why myself and Mrs. Dazed left abruptly. She left most recently – around February 1 st .

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Judging from your garage sign above, I take it you probably were just itching to show those slurvants your gun collection weren't you...LOL.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Lol. No. That was my neighbors garage. They made one for me but didn't want one put up.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I didnt want anyone to have a warning if they were going to break in. I wanted to surprise them with my best friend Mr. Glock.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Have you taken a concealed carry class? I did. One thing I learned that was pretty scary and valuable is that if someone breaks in and has less force than me and I shoot them I or even show my weapon as a deterrent I can be prosecuted for that. This is because the 'great' state of Oregon has a law that essentially states that it is unlawful to brandish a firearm even as a deterrent to an aggresor. So if they are coming at you with anything less than the equal force of a gun it could come back on us. Hopefully CO has more intelligent gun laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit