People, it really is this simple

by Trevor Scott 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

What will guide us in choosing the right religion? The Encyclopædia Universalis is correct when it highlights the importance of truth. A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. --The Watchtower, December 1, 1991, page 7.

Excellent! Forget about doctrine; it's as simple as this: A RELIGION THAT TEACHES LIES CANNOT BE TRUE.

Lie number 1:

Why, then, do the nations not realize and accept the approach of this climax of judgment? It is because they have not heeded the world-wide advertising of Christ's return and his second presence. Since long before World War I Jehovah's witnesses pointed to 1914 as the time for this great event to occur. –The Watchtower, June 15, 1954, page 370.

An outright lie taught by the Watchtower Society, that "long before World War I" Jehovah's Witnesses pointed (forward) to 1914 as the time for "Christ's return and his second presence."

In reality, before WWI and actually well after WWI the Watchtower Society taught that this supposed "great event" occurred in 1874, not 1914:

Bible prophecy shows that the Lord was due to appear for the second time in the year 1874. Fulfilled prophecy shows beyond a doubt that he did appear in 1874. Fulfilled prophecy is otherwise designated the physical facts; and these facts are indisputable. –The Watchtower, November 1, 1922, page 333

Lie number 2:

As far back as 1879, the publishers of this magazine pointed to the year 1914 as a marked year in Bible prophecy, as the starting point for what the Bible calls "the time the end." –Awake!, October 8, 1972, page 15.

Another outright lie taught by the Watchtower Society, that "as far back as 1879" they pointed (forward) to 1914 as the "starting point" for "the time of the end".

Again, checking the Society's publications from the era reveals the truth:

There are two important dates here that we must not confuse, but clearly differentiate, namely, the beginning of the "time of the end" and of "the presence of the Lord". "The time of the end" embraces a period from A.D. 1799, as above indicated, to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan's empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah. –The Harp of God, 1921, page 231.

Forget "as far back as 1879". In 1921, the Watchtower Society was still teaching that "the time of the end" started in 1799 - not 1914.

I could easily fill pages with various lies taught by the Society, but there's no need. These two lies taught by the Watchtower Society prove they are not - cannot be - the true religion. This determination is based on their OWN ASSERTION, which for once, agrees with common sense.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Trevor - succinct yet powerful overview of the organization's lie-based foundation. It's revealing that an organization that makes so much noise about the paramountcy of truth, lies so much about its own past.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Old material, old light, the new light in the present time is shining so much more and overshines everything backwards in time, don´t look back, life is here and now, feed on the new light instead of confusing yourself etc etc etc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Short and to the point. Nice job, TREVOR SCOTT

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

nice post

• Stealth
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

marking

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Many thanks Trevor for such simple, yet damning evidence out of their own mouths.

You can also add - "The anointed followers of Christ have been extending the invitation since as far back as 1918. In that year, the public talk entitled “Millions Now Living May Never Die”. ( w10 2/15 pp. 15-16 par. 8 )

• adamah
    adamah

Ah, but that entire argument is reliant on using flawed mortal logic.

Jehovah God is the possessor of PERFECT knowledge and uses Holy Logic™, which to our man-made inferior logical analyses may only APPEAR to be contradictory and illogical, but that's only due to OUR limitations. Therefore, you must take it on FAITH that Holy Logic™ is ineffably superior, constituting "sound reasoning".

(At least, that's what I read in the WT.)

Adam

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I once had a JW admit to me that, "yes, the Watchtower Society lied." He quickly followed up that statement with "But it doesn't matter, because they have the truth!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit