Hello everyone....another newbie here

by KWJoe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

KWJoe ... hi & welcome!

>

So many wonderful lives have been ruined by "opinion",

glad that you have been able to overcome the wt hardline.

>

Look forward to hearing more from you. Is your partner an exjw too?

>

clarity

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome KWJoe, I'm sorry what you experienced as a JW who is gay. How many of your family are still JWs and do you still have a semi-normal relationships with them?

Have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering Peopel to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, or watched his videos on his website? His methods could help you to communicate better with JWs who are shunning you and help you to heal by overcoming WTBTS phobias.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome KWJoe, thank you for your study.

Remember that success is the greatest revenge.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

You are welcome here . We have all suffered harm from this evil cult .

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

Hey On the W O.....next time you come to Key West would love to meet up. My mom passed away in 2001....but she was pretty cool. She always told me she loved me....we visited each other several times/year. She never asked questions about my partner, however. My sister is still in. We have maintained a relationship, mostly through email now. We own family property together, so there is still contact through that. I usually see her a couple of times/year. She still tells me the date of the memorial....every year. lol

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

Gma-t2.....thanks for being there for your son....nothing like a mother's love

Just Lois....you don't know how right you are....during my first df, is when I had my first HIV test.....I was planning for my exit if I tested positive. Fortunately, I exited a different way :)

Hello clarity....my partner is a unique guy. He was an original hippie...was at Woodstock, read Autobiography of a Yogi and considers Hinduism to be the best religion. My mom would freak if she saw all the Shivas and Ganeshas in my apartment. lol

Hey ABS....my sister is still in....having moved from GA to Key West has pretty much stopped any contact with former friends....however, a couple have stopped in Key West on a cruise and met me for a drink.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome friend! Great to have you. I am glad you are happy now! Look forward to your posts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get around, KWJoe. Don't be surprised if I turn up. If so, I am sure the wife will want to go to the Kingdom Hall and I will have some time to kill.

• Skbj
    Skbj

Hi KWJoe.

Welcome, thanks for sharing your story and I'm happy to hear you took the stand for yourself. :)

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello, KWJoe, from north Georgia, nice to meet you.

This is a great website for talking about everything relating to the jw cult. I'm so glad you figured things out for your life, but it is easy to understand you never really forget all that stuff that you were put through.

I've never met anyone who was at Woodstock! But just love all the Woodstock lore. AND that music from Santana, Soul Sacrifice - that drummer kid was too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit