I'm Perfect, You're Doomed - a review

by Farkel 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    jamie,
    :expect them to fly off the shelves in the near future. Farkel, one of JWN's oldest and most respected posters has given "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed" a rave review. This guy is one of the funniest, most intelligent writers on the planet, and he defers to you.
    I deny everything!
    Farkel

I expected as much, smart ass...and I say that most affectionately, LOL! Kyria said your review made her night.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Is she under her own name on FB?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I just read the sample of the book on Amazon and then ordered a copy. Mine was 6ยข plus $3.99 shipping and rated as "Like New." Based on the part I read, I would have paid full price...though I think at $13.62 for the Kindle version is a bit pricey. Also, the Kindle version doesn't have that wonderful cover. The book is remarkably well written and flows so quickly that it never bogs down. It's not about Jehovah's Witnesses, it's about a nice Jewish girl who grew up in an unusual, slighly dysfunctional family. It's not so much about escape from a dangerous cult, but life in a ridiculous religion with an overinflated view of itself. If you're expecting a dark, foreboding work of resentment and hatred, it's not the book for you. Instead, it's a comical book that makes the religion look and appear absurd.

• Inisc
    Inisc

I could not put this book down!! Read it in a couple days. I can totaly relate to it and I defanately get her sence of humour-hilarious!

• Violia
    Violia

I purchased this some this some time ago . One of my favorite parts is the cover. LOL.

We are sooo special.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Bought this book and read it a few years ago. Loved it. Giving me an idea... nearly finished my current book so I'll probably read this one again.

Page 13...

"The main dilemma I faced was how to ease into a conversation about the spirit realm with a 60-year-old woman. She could be a neighbour, but who cranes their head over the fence to ask, "Excuse me, little girl, but how can I get rid of a possessed doll when it simply won't burn?"

Awesome book, awesome woman.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I past my copy to young exJW who left on his own but is scarred in many ways; he's not on the board here.

Kyria is very witty and makes very clever and funny observations about every day things. She also has a fantastic photographic eye...she does beautiful work.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I read the book, it had it's funny moments, but Kyria had a few issues herself which can't totally be blamed on the Borg

She never blamed anything on the "borg."

Van Gough had a few issues himself, which can't be totally blamed on whatever. Mozart had a few issues himself which can't be totally blamed on whatever. Wagner had a few issues himself which can't be totally blamed on whatever. Schumann had a LOT of issues himself which cannot be totally blamed on whatever.

I got lotsa more. Get the picture? Let the art stand for itself and forget the person who made it. Tbe art either stands by itself or it falls by itself. A totally virtuous person doesn't mean the art is any better than a lunatic who produces the same art, you know.

Rock on, Kyria! The world needs more lunatics like us!

Farkel, Lunatic and Proud-of-it CLASS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

crmsicl, yes, Kyria goes by her real name on Facebook.

Farkel, please check your private messages.

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit