I'm Perfect, You're Doomed - a review

by Farkel 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I read the book, it had it's funny moments, but Kyria had a few issues herself which can't totally be blamed on the Borg

• mindnumbed
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Angrahad,

Thank you so much. I had thought this topic was derailed.

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Farkel, I'm Facebook friends with Kyria and posted your review of her book with this introduction:

Kyria, if copies of your book are still available, expect them to fly off the shelves in the near future. Farkel, one of JWN's oldest and most respected posters has given "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed" a rave review. This guy is one of the funniest, most intelligent writers on the planet, and he defers to you. Enough said...here is his post:

If you're on Facebook, I'd be happy to introduce you to her there. I don't frequently correspond with her, but I love to read her posts. Most of them are hilarious!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm a non-jw who read the book a couple of years ago, Farkel. It was hilarious! The most memorable part was when she referred to non-jws as birdfood. Now THAT was hilarious!

My ONLY concern is that a non-jw may miss the point. Some would read that book and think she was just around zany characters. They may not realize that the notions held by her characters are real.

I may grab it from the library again and let you know. I really got a good laugh from that book!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Kyria is awesome on Facebook. Her book seems to be either loved or hated by most readers with very few inbetween.

I loved her book so much that I realized I needed to write my story in a very similar fashion. Kyria inspired me.

Farkel, I love you and your no-nonsense attitude, but "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed" could be your personal mantra.

ShirleyW, I didn't read that Kyria blamed Watchtower for all her problems. She knows she has issues and had to include them in her story.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My daughter gave me this book, I thought it was great, there were so many similarities with my daughter and I, it was almost creepy.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Mindnumbed: I read the book. While amusing, I'd caution that it may not be appropriate for younger girls, depending on what you're comfortable with them reading. I agree with Shirley W's comment. The book had many amusing moments that I could relate to having grown up in JW world, but there were some admissions that indicated other issues outside of JW were at play for some of the rumored reckless decisions.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I loved Kyria'a book ! One of those books that I actually did laugh out loud while reading . I get her sense of humor .

• Farkel
    Farkel

jamie,

: expect them to fly off the shelves in the near future. Farkel, one of JWN's oldest and most respected posters has given "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed" a rave review. This guy is one of the funniest, most intelligent writers on the planet, and he defers to you.

I deny everything!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit