I'm Perfect, You're Doomed - a review

by Farkel 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thanks to Caliber, I am resurrecting this video.

Didn't I say Kyria was brillaint?

Watch her in action:

http://blip.tv/grittv/grittv-i-m-perfect-you-re-doomed-kyria-abrahams-2800631

Farkel

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Equality in Satan's world= female apostates. Writing books none the less.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

My younger daughter read this book on her own to try to figure out what my upbringing might have been like. I think the language was a bit much for her, but she had a much greater appreciation of the crazy I went through as a kid after reading it.

And yes, SFPW, women can write and stuff. Welcome to the 21st Century.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

I am starting to think stand for pure worship is a satire.

• Violia
    Violia

She's adorable. I have been trying to get my kids to read this.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

"I am starting to think stand for pure worship is a satire"

Me too, either way he is pretty funny. Let's face it, it gets boring when we all agree, it's nice to have a differing viewpoint, even if it is faked.

My daughter gave me this book. It was weird for me, there were so many parallels to our family. Like Kyria, my daughter was in gifted class, and struggled with depression, cutting and suicidal thoughts. They are about the same age, both have one brother, a few years younger, who rejected the religion completely. Like her family, mom and dad couldn't stand each other. I thought it was very funny.

• david_10
    david_10

I read the book and I thought it was great! My favorite part is when Kyria relates the KH meeting when blood doctrine was being taught and how you always have to be on guard---------------------for instance, among ancient pagans, blood pudding was considered a tasty delicacy. So at school the next day, Kyria went up to the cafeteria lady and asked if there was blood in the dessert pudding. The lady just shook her head and said: "Why would you even ask a question like that?"

But if you've ever been a Witness, that question makes perfect sense.

Anyway......I thought it was a great book.

David

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later reading

• Zoos
    Zoos

I bought this book on Farkel's recommendation. It's everything he billed it to be.

We've enjoyed it. Thanks Farkel.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I loved this book. I thought Kyria was very honest about her issues, as well as how 'the organization' affected her. Great book, worth a read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit