How long since you have prayed?

by LostGeneration 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Praying for help or strength has the same efficacy as Dumbo's feather.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I prayed in the night.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, I've got to admit praying is a lot like throwing potato chips to seagulls- totally pointless, but kinda fun in a mindless way.

Some of us will never forget the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I remember how a Co said that there is something wrong with a marriage when the husband doesn't pray with is wife at bedtime...I felt guilty for not praying out loud before going to sleep especially when my wife expected me to after his comments...the CO said he and his wife would kneel down at the foot of their bed every night and he prayed for her...For me I rarely felt like praying even when I was fully indoctrinated.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Rubba dub dub, thanks for the grub, amen.

Totally pointless.... as are all the other prayers.

About 5 years for me too.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Good Bread.....Good meat....Good God.....Let's eat

is about the closest I get to praying lately.

Why bother......

.....is there any proof other than the emperical out there that he exists.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I pray to Jesus now. But it is sporadic at best.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My last prayer was about 18 years ago. I decided to stop praying and see what would happen. Guess what - nothing happened.

So, I haven't talked with god for quite a long time. If you see him, or talk with him, and he mentions that he misses me, let him know I am doing just fine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I pretended to pray on Monday before I had lunch.

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

I never was able to get necessity of prayer in context of Jesus words "So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him."
    Ok, then, if he knows what we need better then us, what the reason for prayer? If he is able to see humans hearts, what for to spend your time to explain him something? In that perspective it's a wasting of time.
    We stopped pray at bedtime few years before we left WTS..Almost the same with meals prayers. After quit reading and believe in Bible- quit to pray at all.
    What changed? nothing.. IF GOD really exist- I believe, he knows better, what we need..But if he exists and knows better, what we need AND in the same time NEEDS us to ask him about such things otherwise we will not get them,- I dont need such god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit