What gives you away as a (former) JW?

by perfect1 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I burst into flames if anyone says "Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah" in my presence.

If anyone says "Yod He Vah He" I give them a pot of gold.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Less money and a lesser quality of life. Counting pennies.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It is ALL I do is talk to everyone I meet.To inform them that JW are a CULT!!!!
    I am 86 & will continue to use the rest of my life that way EXPOSE,EXPOSE!Expose!!!
    I suffered terribly because I was one. I suffer still by the loss of my family who shun me.
    I have nothing left to live for except to try to help folks NOT become trapped.

• jam
    jam

I also tell everyone I meet, it's a cult.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• Skbj
    Skbj

I'm always very open about my past, if it comes up, but I tell you how I have spotted other ex JWs.

Usually they are more profound people. Especially ex-JWs. I'll give you an example but I have been in similar circumstances many times: years ago I took a sabbatical and went travelling around the world for most of a year. I joined my now husband in the country he was with his friend and a group of travellers they met along the way. There was 5 of them. All crazy as heck. There was a guy though, who would often get into deep and philosophical conversations about anything but particularly theology. He's actually the one who out of all I've stayed the most in contact with on FB at least. Last year close to 12/12/12 (end of the world palava) we got into a conversation on FB. Then months later I put some post on my FB abt JWs and he said: it's this the group you were talking about months ago. Guess what? I used to be one too.

I said to him I wasn't surprised of his confession. He always striked me to be a really bright and profound guy by that I mean people when they don't just comply with every and anything but instead move with more awareness. The kind of way that people get when they discover TTATT.

• blondie
    blondie

We socialized with my non-jw relatives, neighbors, friends of my then non-jw father...I could walk in either world.

BTW, many non-jws can't wrap gifts, especially men.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hey Guys! Wow! I guess there are quite a few ways to approach this whole thing- some of you wanna spread the word about the dangers of the JW- some are more vocal than others. In my circle its something I almost never reveal. I feel its telling to much and puts me in a weaker position. The people I know know enough about the religion to know its a crock- and if they dont I do inform them of some of the more exciting teachings: YOU WILL DIE AT ARMAGEDDON AND I WONT, LET YOUR BABIES DIE WITHOUT BLOOD, etc. Recently I did some splaining to an Uncle in law over dinner, and I have to say, it ruined the meal for me.

mouthy everyone loves you so THAT is something to live for.

Also, I love the idea of Santa Rampage.

Also, I found it easier to make friends and talk to people once I stopped picturing their faces melting off at Armageddon because they wouldnt take my magazines. LOL.

Some habits are hard to break.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I too have been cursed with the un-ability to wrap gifts. I do try.

I am also horrible at remembering birthdays. I created a list in Word that has all my friends bdays and their kids on it and I keep it folded in my purse at all times. I will reference it a couple times a month just to make sure I have not missed anyone. Its very tattered now.

I also have the ability to remember scripture and sometimes my friends like to pick my brain about "what does the bible say about such and such topic" and I will, robotic like, recall what the bible says. Its more of a drinking game, so I have fun with it.

:)

• Glander
    Glander

at city council meetings my flag salute is loudest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit