What gives you away as a (former) JW?

by perfect1 46 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Maybe if I stopped wearing this ...

on my suit coat, things might change

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know of anything that would point to my JW past. I can wrap presents pretty well, a combination of an Engineering past, and watching people in shops do it, it is an art though.

I reveal my JW past only when relevant, quite often I will do a "warning work" and not reveal that I actually was one, don't see it is of interest to most people.

I hope this means that now I am more of an ex-XJW .

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I still can't bring myself to try black (blood) pudding (sausage).

I find it hard to make new friends.

I'm not sure what presents to buy people - what, for example, do you buy an aunt for xmas and birthdays? Do you even buy adults presents for birthdays?

Am very good at answering Bible knowledge questions in quizes.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What gives me away? Well, the non-JWs who knew me when I was one say I'm a lot happier now. Exes are happier.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i tell people

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You actually READ the WT mag/drivel.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

My sensible and practical car and shoes.

As a recent fader, I've really been enjoying shopping for new clothes. Sophisticated, yet sexy. Time for the girls to enjoy their freedom!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

One thing of many - i can't remember to say Bless You when someone sneezes. Around here, people say it even if the sneezer is a stranger to them. So i get the funny looks for not saying it.

• happy@last
    happy@last

The smile on my face gives me away, maybe my language too, I put too much money into the swear box in the office sometimes.

I can however wrap presents pretty good!

• losingit
    losingit

Haha! I have 2 friends now-- yay!! Thanks Zound

Now, Idon't say "bless you"either when ppl sneeze, lol BUT I do say "are you ok?" I always thought it was messed up and rude to say nothing. That's why I always say something, at least. Trying to break back into the habit of saying, "bless you." Haha :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit