WTS soliciting donations in Southern California

by turtleturtle 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's funny how Jehovah is always short of cash

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

More building activity to keep marginal witnesse busy on the weekends. No oone wants to go d2d anymore since it's so futile so now we can count time building new KH's. I personally know several brothers on the RBC that have told me that being on the RBC gets them out of a lot other boring JW stuff and they are still looked to as examples.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    It's funny how Jehovah is always short of cash

Hahahaha!!! I almost spit out my coffee on that one!

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The very first Watchtower July 1879 said that if they ever had to beg for money, that would be a sign that God is not backing them up and it would be time to stop publication.

W.H. Conley

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Will,

{{The very first Watchtower July 1879 said that if they ever had to beg for money, that would be a sign that God is not backing them up and it would be time to stop publication.}}

A very arbitrary formula for determining Divine backing. They must revise it to allow for real estate flipping.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Uhg my brain dead brother is on an RBC here in So. Cal. I don't get it I thought their was no new growth. I think they are remodeling the Norco AH currently. They are doing something to it.

They get free labor which saves them money. Money that is better spent settling JW child abuse lawsuits. Recently, someone on instagram was bragging about getting materials at cost after impressing some "worldling supplier" with all the free labor. I wonder if they told the same guy about their shunning policy or blood policy if he would still be so impressed enough to give them materials at cost.

So are they really building new khs here or just using the money to remodel and keeping all the extra donations/cash for the "worldwide work" AKA Jdub child molester lawsuits? Wish my family would wake the hell up already! One can dream . . .

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There is a George Carlin line that goes something like - God is all knowing and all powerful, he just can't handle money - because he is always asking for more.

So, now we know why they keep asking for more.

• designs
    designs

Pretty bold. Who knows where the money will really go.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sure they make a point to ask checks to be made out to the "world wide work." This way the funds are not designated and they can do what ever they want.

• designs
    designs

there will never be any transparency of their financial books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit