WTS soliciting donations in Southern California

by turtleturtle 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Just talked to an older JW in my old hall. He said there was a special 2 hour elder's meeting recently in Southern California spanning many counties and areas. Apparently, due to the massive JW growth, the RBC or WT (he didn't know which one) will be announcing they they are asking each family to contribute $10/month toward new construction of kingdom halls in the southern california area.

Just thought I'd let you people know!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL! Yeah, they don't solicit donations... I am disgusted at their constant begging for money. I guess they need all the new buildings to take over the Earth after the big A! I heard an Elder say very recently that all the Assembly Halls and other major buildings are there for the purpose of taking over the Earth.

Remember that they asked for a similar amount of money to send the foreign missionaries home for the international conventions. They are also having special talks on volunteer labor.

What a snare and a racket.

• designs
    designs

You'd think with the End so close they'd just rent.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaughts!!! We Just Love This Idea!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well they sure are remodeling and building, bu not alot of new baptisms. Its just people moving around.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Is a yaught an accented pronunciation of yacht? Cuz they'll wanna have some yachts for their nice lake at the new headquarters.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Or yachts to escape to international waters....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

wonder if theres any actual growth, according to the reports in the wt and the yearbook there is not.

• Splash
    Splash

(1Ti 6:3-5) If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words. From these things spring envy, strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions, 5 violent disputes about trifles on the part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.

They certainly view the organisation as a means of great gain.

Splash

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

So much for the no collection plates claim.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit