question on resurrection

by Skbj 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Skbj
    Skbj

@Bella

I hear ya. I'm hoping after she'll finish grieving, that she'll have a softer point of view. In recent years talking to my mom I have realized how she has opened her mind to a lot of things that the WT would really frown upon. An example. only 10-12 years ago when I mentioned I was practicing yoga she flipped. Personally, I wasn't doing it for any spiritual reason to find my nirvana or something, it was offered free at my work place so hell yeah I'm took the classes to relax and keep fit, but when I told her she had the typical JW ignorant reaction. 8-9 years pass and she tells me how she's reading all these holistic books, and talks to me about chakras this chakras that 3rd eye how we are one with the universe and all that new age stuff ... my reaction? Was WTF! LOL Honestly I thought she was posessed or something. So with little questions here and there I found out she reads a lot of interesting books that I wouldn't think would be in your average JW's library. The best part is that she actually believes in it.

Then she does have some other little rebellious tendencies towards the arrangements of the WT. Like for example, their congregation is on the border between 2 districts and they always are sent for DC to a city that's like 100 miles away, when there's one DC hall that's only 35-40 miles away, so categorically every time whether is a DC or AC she makes up excuses for her and my dad to go at the closer hall. It's not big things but I think they can be indications that I may have some hope that at the right time, if I dig enough I'll manage to get her thinking.

@Ding

Yeah as usual the WTS is trying to cover both sides.

I was actually thinking something else about the resurrection:

I remember that the WTS always wrote they don't know how and when and how many at the time will be resurrected, that jehovah/jesus will direct when the time comes. But I was thinking this:

there's 1000 years. Say that people are resurrected gradually instead of all at once (would make sense as I imagine that the majority dead are grown people who needs to eat solid food and will need solid accomodation) it's not guaranteed that all of these people will accept the new world, the new kingdom etc. What if these people who are not interested in the living forever etc. display their old characteristics. Maybe they are violent or, dishonest, murderers, rapists etc. Are they telling me that these folks will move around with the righteous for a 1000 years, even if it was less 7-8-500 years...

what would the world become with all these people on the loose? Will they be disintegrated instantly if they don't conform?

I am also interested to know about that non-sense that is that "little" time that Satan and his angels will be released at the end of the 1000 years for a final test. If that little time is anything like (providing it's real) the length of time it's taking for god to take action....it's going to be a joke.

And most of all, how many tests do people need to endure?!?! They already lived a troubled life now as it is, then you give them a little bit of sugar with the 1000 years and test them again? It is a joke.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Haha, wow, your mother sounds more spiritistic than you if she's buying into chakra and third eye stuff :-p

Although the Society doesn't tend to write anything detailed about what the resurrection is supposed to be like, there's certain "folkloric wisdom" among the JWs, based on speculation made on the platform at conventions and such. For instance, "the last shall be first" indicates that the last to die will be resurrected first. This will allow each generation to be ready to teach the generation before them when it is resurrected after them, since they will be most familiar with the language and culture of that previous generation. Perfection will be reached gradually, not immediately, so we can recognize loved ones who come back in their "old" form.

But I've never heard any speculation about what will happen if someone wants to commit crimes in the new system. I think most JWs refuse to believe that could happen. I do vaguely recall some speculation that, when Satan is let loose at the end of the 1000 years, certain humans who were once distinguished commanders with a lust for power will join him in attacking God's people, like Napoleon or Alexander the Great. Does anyone else remember this, in text or in some illustrations in the literature, or am I imagining it?

• adamah
    adamah

Agophonos said:

For instance, "the last shall be first" indicates that the last to die will be resurrected first.

So wait a minute: if the 'last shall be first' rule applies to the resurrection, didn't Jesus also say in Mark 9:35, "He who WANTS to be first shall be last?"

So does that mean that if a survivor of Armageddon WANTS their recently-deceased family members to be resurrected at the head of the line, then they'd actually be the very LAST ones to be served, maybe having to wait 999 yrs?

So JWs probably shouldn't WANT their family members to be resurrected immediately right after Armageddon, or it's to the back of the long line at the Resurrection Family Reconciliation Center™ they go!

Adam

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, I suppose. Of course, applying "the first shall the last" to the order of the resurrection is preposterous, but I've heard it said by many JWs over the years. Probably because it would be the most logical way to go about things.

• Skbj
    Skbj

@Apognophos

Haha, wow, your mother sounds more spiritistic than you if she's buying into chakra and third eye stuff :-p

LOL My mom is a trip I tell you that much. Now you can imagine how I get gobsmacked when I talk to her, sometime she's coming up with this new age things in other stuff she's such a narrowminded JW. NUTS!! Never a dull moment though :D

On the topic, yes I remember too the conversations about the last being first on resurrection.

Maybe someone should send a FAQ to the WTS about what's gonna happen if there's violent people who got resurrected in the new world. Like you said they don't really dwell on those speculations do they. Or, do they think that these people violent/negative characteristics will be miracoulosly turned off?However if someone would tell me that I'd say...okay...but then it doesn't make sense that if these folks are being made sheeps like, all of a sudden at the end of the 1000 years people start rebelling when Satan is let free.

And how long is that "little" time that Satan will be free? Because if to god a thousands years are like a day...and he says "let's release satan for a week" boy oh boy mankind is screwed all over again

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says no all people will be resurrected at the same time, but in small groups that can be housed, fed, and taught. Those that fail to change...dead instantly. They also say that those who died last will be resurrected first working back in time.

As to those who rebel at the end of the 1000 years, they will have proved to be perfect like Adam and Eve but then rebel as they did (just reporting folks).

• Skbj
    Skbj

Thanks Blondie :D

The WTS says this because it's written where in the Bible?

Oh wait...the WTS is guided by the holy spirit. *sighs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit