Thoughts on Jesus' Resurrection

by Perry 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

I think its time we get tough with bible believers who claim archaeology supports the biblBob e. I just did some checking again for the millionth time just to make sure im right but archarology labasts and destroys the bible. It devwstates and demolishes the bible.

So from now on I am not going to argue with bible believers about the matter.. oit has been settled beyond all doubt. So if you say archeology supports an infallible bible you are a liar.

• mP
    mP

friend:

But NY is a real city, therefore batman must also exist. Israel exists therefore jesus must exist because they said so.

• prologos
    prologos

The Jesus story is a fact, all of it. look how many splinters we have of the original cross, I mean stake. or the shroud of Turin, its empty.

he was not the only one or even first to be resurrected. 3 days before HIS return to the living, the tombs in Jerusalem gave up their dead when HE DIED.

It is in the papers.

No disrespect implied for the deceased.

• mP
    mP

Forget resident evil give me matt 25 and the zombies!

• rawe
    rawe

Hi mP,

Just dropping by to say thanks -- I'm reading through your latest post.

I've been thinking about actually taking up your challenge directly. Although it would take some time to read all of the books said to be written by Paul. But I am interested in this in any regards, esp how often different phrases are used like "God", "Lord", "Jesus", etc, then of course how often Paul make some historical, even in passing, reference to Jesus.

Cheers,

-Randy

• OnTheWayOut
  • mP
    mP

Rawe:

While reading is interesting, you can use any online bible and simply scan for words we associate with jesus within the letters of Paul. Stuff like nazareth, the names of the apostles, place names, characters jesus met and more.

I know most scholars say half the letters are forgeries, but in this case it doesnt matter. It shows all authors didnt know the Jesus character of the gospels.

Scan for Nazareth in the entire Bible and its interesting where it appears as well as were it doesnt. The same is true for jesus himself. There is no jesus in the OT, why the secret ? Satan is absent from all of Genesis and most of the OT. The snake is not Satan, the snake is a talking snake.

The simple truth is all these stories are not coherant, but the process of presenting it as one text is a much later invention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit