WT 2013, July 15: Random thoughts and background info FWIW

by AnnOMaly 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Naturally, these questions can prompt more disturbing ones, e.g. have we been had all this time?

Yes, We have been had!

Here is a disturbing question:

Now we are convinced that we have been had, (deceived) is it possible that the bible indicates Christianity WILL be deceived in the time of the end and so that same deception is fulfulling bible scripture?

If you are comfortable with a yes answer to that question then an even more disturbing question must be answered:

If the deceptions being perpetrated by the Watchtower Society are acurately fulfilling bible scripture then are they the focal point of the Christianity the bible talks about existing during the time of the end?

Are the Jehovah's Witnesses the "true Christianity" that the bible indicates will be undermined by Satan?

If so then who really is the faithful and discrete slave?

abe

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

all this reminds me of the film where various men stand up and claim to be Spartacus..!...as in 'I'm Spartacus'....'No..I'm Spartacus'......!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm not a Bible believer, but I have to admit, sometimes I'm almost convinced to believe on account of the number of Bible prophecies that the Society fulfills... I mean the kind that ablebodiedman is referring to, about false shepherds, the evil slave, false prophets, etc.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    I'm not a Bible believer, but I have to admit, sometimes I'm almost convinced to believe on account of the number of Bible prophecies that the Society fulfills... I mean the kind that ablebodiedman is referring to, about false shepherds, the evil slave, false prophets, etc.

Yep, The Apostle Paul makes it clear that the Temple of THE God will be completely undermined by Satan immediately before Jesus Christs return.

The Watchtower claim that it is false Christians that will be undermined however, if thats true then how come the Temple of THE God is in false religion and not in the Watchtower.

You CANNOT have it both ways!

This video attempts to explain the paradox of claiming to be true Christianity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiA-djrIGs

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Interesting ablebodiedman!

whilst in my phase of being a bible believing christian, yet mentally exiting the watchtower, I did flirt with the idea that the society had fallen prey to apostacy & was misleading the 'true christian' congregation of Jehovah's witnesses. That the new governing body was actually 'the evil slave' was an enticing idea.

Then I started reading Robert King's works (used to post here as YouKnow).

However, if you apply the same critical thinking to his ideas as to the watchtower's - indeed as to the Bible! - it all unravels.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sapphy, your post 845 is brilliant !

Just a question on your other post above, the seeming contradiction may not be one, in one they are simply claiming that Jesus did not sit down on his thrown "as judge of all the Nations". They are not claiming he was not enthroned in 1914. Or is the contradiction arising from, if he did not sit down to judge, how can it be "The Last Days" ? I am not getting this.

Someone is spoken of as "enthroned" when they take up Kingly power. They cannot stay seated on it permanently, calls of nature etc, but a King will sit on it from time to time to "hold Court" or whatever, I think the WT writers can make this one work. ??

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is another bible paradox for the Watchtower:

If Jesus Christs Kingdom was the last one that God set up almost 2000 years ago and Jesus Christ said that it would be sown with weeds then what is the Kingdom that will never be brought to ruin and will crush all the previous Kingdoms that God set up?

Daniel 2:44

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

Let me put it another way:

If Satan's weeds can get into Jesus Christs Kingdom then what is the final kingdom that will crush all the others?

Revelation 21:26-27

And they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But anything not sacred and anyone that carries on a disgusting thing and a lie will in no way enter into it; only those written in the Lamb’s scroll of life [will].

This means that Christianity WILL BE RUINED AND THEN CRUSHED!

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    This means that Christianity WILL BE RUINED AND THEN CRUSHED!

Which is probably why Jesus Christ said we should carefully listen to his explanation:

Matthew 13:37-43

In response he said: "The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

But hey, some people may object by saying that God did not set up the Kingdoms in Daniels immense image.

If that is so, then why did Nebuchadnezzar have to learn a very hard lesson about Babylon The Great?

Daniel 4:29-30

At the end of twelve lunar months he happened to be walking upon the royal palace of Babylon. 30 The king was answering and saying: "Is not this Babylon the Great, that I myself have built for the royal house with the strength of my might and for the dignity of my majesty?"

Nebuchadnezzar had to learn that it was GOD who set up Babylon The Great!

So what is Babylon The Great in the Book of Revelation which is completely crushed.

It is the last Kingdom that God set up................................................ Christianity!

abe

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

But JWs understand Babylon the Great to be the world empire of false religion which encompasses non-JW Christianity and every other 'pagan' religion from Buddhism to Zoroastrianism.

If Satan's weeds can get into Jesus Christs Kingdom then what is the final kingdom that will crush all the others?

Satan's weeds are ... well ... weeded out before the Big A. Only the pure, unadulterated wheat will remain in Christ's kingdom.

The events of Rev. 21:26,27 are understood to occur after the Big A and during the 1000 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit