WT 2013, July 15: Random thoughts and background info FWIW

by AnnOMaly 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Satan's weeds are ... well ... weeded out before the Big A. Only the pure, unadulterated wheat will remain in Christ's kingdom.

Nope, the righteous will no longer be in Christs Kingdom, listen carefully to what Jesus Christ said:

Matthew 13:39-43

The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

Where does it say they will remain in his kingdom?

So, how do Satans weeds get into this Kingdom:

Revelation 21:26-27

And they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But anything not sacred and anyone that carries on a disgusting thing and a lie will in no way enter into it; only those written in the Lamb’s scroll of life [will].

AnneOMally,

I think you've been "had" by the Watchtower.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    I think you've been "had" by the Watchtower.

The Watchtower Society has "ruined" Jesus Christs Kingdom

Daniel 2:44

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

abe

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Timing, ablebodiedman, timing. As was said, the weeds are removed before the Big A, leaving only the shining, radiant wheat, and the Rev. 21 events occur (according to JWs) during the Millennium or (according to other views) post-Millennium when evil has been done away with.

Also,

(Revelation 11:15) . . .And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”

The righteous ones' Father's kingdom is also Christ's kingdom.

• carla
    carla

marking

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Armageddon already started??? Hm. I am trying to keep this thread on the July 15th articles, working somewhat within the JW paradigm, analyzing and comparing past with present claims, the incongruities and questions they raise. I can only deal with one set of off-beat interpretations at a time - sorry abe.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    w99 5/1 p. 16 pars. 10-12 “Let the Reader Use Discernment”
    10 God’s people once understood that the first phase of the great tribulation began in 1914 and that the final part would come at the battle of Armageddon. (Revelation 16:14, 16; compare The Watchtower, April 1, 1939, page 110.) So we can understand why it was once thought that the latter-day “disgusting thing” must have stood in a holy place soon after World War I.
    11 However, in later years we have come to see things differently.

Armageddon already started??? Hm. I am trying to keep this thread on the July 15th articles, working somewhat within the JW paradigm, analyzing and comparing past with present claims, the incongruities and questions they raise. I can only deal with one set of off-beat interpretations at a time - sorry abe.

AnnOMally,

I am also trying to keep this thread on your initial theme.

If you do take the time to watch the video you will see just how off-beat the Watchtower interpretations are!

You will see that Armageddon started previous to 1914.

Yes, that seems like a bold statement to make considering what the Watchtower and other popular opinions want you to believe.

Timing, its all about timing.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    The coming (or, arriving) referred to a number of times at Matthew 24:29-44 and 25:31-46 is at “the great tribulation.”

So, if you have now watched the video above then there should now be no doubt that the 6th bowl in Revelation Chapter 16 HAS been poured out over 100 years ago.

The 7th bowl is next!

This is what happens when the 7th bowl is poured out:

Revelation 16:17-21

And the seventh one poured out his bowl upon the air. At this a loud voice issued out of the sanctuary from the throne, saying: "It has come to pass!" 18 And lightnings and voices and thunders occurred, and a great earthquake occurred such as had not occurred since men came to be on the earth, so extensive an earthquake, so great. 19 And the great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell; and Babylon the Great was remembered in the sight of God, to give her the cup of the wine of the anger of his wrath. 20 Also, every island fled, and mountains were not found. 21 And a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent descended out of heaven upon the men, and the men blasphemed God due to the plague of hail, because the plague of it was unusually great.

The greatest earthquake that the world has ever seen!

ALL the cities fall!

Compare Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 38:19-22

Surely in that day a great quaking will occur in the soil of Israel. 20 And because of me the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the wild beasts of the field and all the creeping things that are creeping on the ground and all mankind that are upon the surface of the ground will be bound to shiver, and the mountains will actually be thrown down and the steep ways will have to fall, and to the earth even every wall will fall.’"‘And I will call forth against him throughout all my mountainous region a sword,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. ‘Against his own brother the sword of each one will come to be. 22 And I will bring myself into judgment with him, with pestilence and with blood; and a flooding downpour and hailstones, fire

If all the Cities and every wall falls in the worlds greatest earthquake do you think there will be a Great Tribulation afterwards?

A tribulation greater than any other that migh have occured on the earth?

Yes, the Great Tribulation is next!

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Luke 21:34-36

"But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man."

so extensive an earthquake, so great...... all the earth!

abe

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

abe, I'm not interested in YOUR interpretations of Revelation. You are starting to spam now. If you want to pursue this tangent and get a discussion going, you'll be better off starting a new thread: "When did Armageddon begin? When will the Great Tribulation start?"

(Btw, it can make sense to ask, 'When was Gallipoli?' Or 'When was the Somme?' - the place names are shorthand for 'battle of - '.)

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    (Btw, it can make sense to ask, 'When was Gallipoli?' Or 'When was the Somme?' - the place names are shorthand for 'battle of - '.)

Yes, but if what you are really asking is when will the war of the great day of God the Almighty going to start and find the answer then you still have no advantage.

What is really important is to know is that you are not in the PLACE called Armageddon when it does start.

Are you in that PLACE?

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit