July 2013 WT Sunday ? Who is now the FDS ?

by Legacy 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

Continue on WT July 2013...a question to all...So, the congregation gets fed spiritual food by the FDS (past & now), right? THE GREAT TRIBULATION AND BEYOND.. But the article says, the FDS will not come until after the UN will attack Christendom, Jehovah will cut short the attack on False Religion; God's people will be saved, then...Jesus will judge people of all nations as sheep or goats, then.....Jesus will appoint the Faithful Slave over "all his belongings ....so, have the FDS been appointed as of yet & if not who has been given the congregation the spiritual food upto now...I'm confused...no I'm not..I do understand...I think a bunch of guys been feeding us...

I spoke to one of the sisters & she said, that Jesus will appoint the slaves & give them additional duties...uh ? The floor is open...will welcome all thoughts....

Legacy

• Gopher
    Gopher

My memory about Watchtower doctrine is a little hazy. Didn't they used to say that Christ did an inspection in 1919 to see whom he could trust as a "slave class" to give out spiritual food?

Are they now saying NOTHING at all happened in 1919? If so, that would be one further de-linking of their body of teaching from the year 1914. And that would be very sly. (I think they really want to lost 1914 from their doctrine but don't know how.)

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The FDS are 8 pedophiles in Brooklyn named Steven, Anthony, Geoffrey, Samuel, Gerrit, David, Mark and Guy.

• caliber
    caliber

My memory about Watchtower doctrine is a little hazy. Didn't they used to say that Christ did an inspection in 1919 to see whom he could trust as a "slave class" to give out spiritual food? ~~~ Gopher

“On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed slave faithful and discreet in the feeding of his domestics. Accordingly, he appointed this slave class over all his belongings."

~~~~~God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached pp.350,355

"When Christ inspected’ the faithful and discreet slave’ in 1918,he found those anointed ones on earth to be faithful in providing spiritual ‘food at the proper time.’ Hence, Jesus was pleased thereafter to appoint them (in 1919) ‘over all his belongings.’ "

WT January 15, 2008 p.24

Old light gives way to new light

• label licker
    label licker

What a joke! One of the gb members stated at last years annual meeting that they would be serving as "representitives of the fds until Jesus arrives". So now what? Is there a two tier system for the fds? First the representitives and then the real fds? Where in the bible does it state that there would be representitives of the fds before the fds arrives? Do they not know that scripture is a parable? They use that scripture so much that it sounds like a name brand toilet paper!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Caliber, that is what I thought. All the years I was in, they lorded their supposedly Christ-given authority as the faithful slave over us, and we had to respect that.

This kind of stuff would really frustrate me if I think about it much -- the slavery I was in to these guys who governed on-the-fly and made stuff up as they went, claiming you'd better be loyal and obedient or else!!

Label Licker -- I have a hard time thinking the Watchtower leaders will stand by anything they've been saying. They change their doctrines more often than any other religion known to humankind. It's like a big shell game - their hand moves faster than the eye.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

In a nutshell ....

The Faithful and Discreet Slave is an arrangement, this arrangement currently exists in the form of the Governing Body alone and no longer includes all living anointed JW's. Prior to the formation of the official Governing Body, this included anointed ones at Watchtower headquarters who were in positions of authority.

The Faithful and Discreet Slave has two appointments.

1. Appointed in 1919 to be God's sole channel of communication to provide spiritual food

2. Future appointment over all of his belonings.

... apparently, Jesus appointed them to provide spiritual food at the proper time in 1919, and when he returns at some future time, he will be so thrilled that they did fulfill their duties as a Faithful and Discreet Slave that he will give them the secondary part and appoint them over all of his belongings.

• St George of England
    St George of England

“Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”

The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”

Who Are the “Domestics”?

Jesus said that “his domestics” would receive “food at the proper time.” All genuine followers of Jesus are fed by “the faithful and discreet slave.” Therefore, all of Christ’s disciples—both individual anointed Christians and members of the “other sheep”—are “his domestics.”—John 10:16.

When Does Jesus Appoint the Slave “Over All His Belongings”?

Jesus said that the “master on arriving” (literally, “having come”) will appoint the slave “over all his belongings.” When does the Master, Jesus, arrive? The expression translated “on arriving” is a form of the Greek word er′kho•mai. Verses 42 and 44 of chapter 24 translate a form of er′kho•mai as “coming.” In those verses, Jesus is referring to his coming as Judge during the great tribulation.—Matthew 24:30; 25:31, 32.
    Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation.

What Are Jesus’ “Belongings”?

Jesus said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.” (Matthew 28:18) Jesus’ “belongings” thus include more than just his earthly interests. They include the Messianic Kingdom.—Philippians 2:9-11.
    Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians.—Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 20:6.

The above is from the AGM notes of October 2012 available still on jw.org. It may be twaddle but it's the current twaddle.

George

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi, The WT article says this...(copy & paste) In the verses that lead up to Matthew 24:46, the word “coming” refers consistently to the time when Jesus comes to pronounce and execute judgment during the great tribulation. (Matt. 24:30, 42, 44) Also, as we considered in paragraph 12, Jesus’ ‘arriving’ mentioned at Matthew 25:31 refers to that same future time of judgment. So it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings, mentioned at Matthew 24: 46, 47, also applies to his future coming, during the great tribulation.[6] Indeed, a consideration of Jesus’ prophecy in its entirety makes it clear that each of these eight references to his coming applies to the future time of judgment during the great tribulation. Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation. See this last paragraph, it says...they were not appointed in 1919...We all know that the FDS is just a parable that the ORG., painted themselves into...This is a big deal, because we are told that we are being fed spiritually by the FDS...there is no where that says, there are 2 sets of FDS's... That's why Jesus didn't have any off springs...most of the witnesses would swear up & down that they are the remnant offspring of Jesus... Sunday....tick tick tick...just 2 days away...Wonder how they are going to spin this one..too bad the meetings are not a question & answer session..weee doggie...that would be a mess.. Legacy

• St George of England
    St George of England

@legacy - There is no confusion about this at all, nor are there two FDS's.

If you read all four articles plus the AGM notes I posted above which are copy/paste from the jw.org site you will see:

In 1919 the FDS was appointed over the domestics to feed them. The same group of individuals (GB, previously Directors of WTS, Small group at HQ) are still doing that and will continue to do so until the GT when they will go to heaven and THEN be appointed over ALL his belongings, on earth and in heaven.

Easy peasy. Total rubbish I know, but easy peasy.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit