July 2013 WT Sunday ? Who is now the FDS ?

by Legacy 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

....selling buildings for bigbucks and building massive underground bunkers in the middle of nowhere...

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

if the fds has not been officially approved by Jesus etc then everything they have been feeding has been speculation and of purely human origin.......so why have many been df for apstasy?....the emperor really does have no clothes......Raymond Franz hit the nail on the head when he exressed grave concerns over how they used scripture to support one doctrine then used the same scripture to support an opposite doctrine ....truly flipflopping.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    westiebilly11 - "Raymond Franz hit the nail on the head when he exressed grave concerns over how they used scripture to support one doctrine then used the same scripture to support an opposite doctrine."

You know, any person who repeatedly took that course of action in the real world would be viewed as clinically insane.

Or Glenn Beck.

• TD
    TD
    The Faithful and Discreet Slave is an arrangement, this arrangement currently exists in the form of the Governing Body alone and no longer includes all living anointed JW's. Prior to the formation of the official Governing Body, this included anointed ones at Watchtower headquarters who were in positions of authority.

I still want to know how 8 members of the FDS can suddenly start teaching something new (i.e. That they alone are the FDS) without it being apostasy.

What am I missing?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TD - "I still want to know how 8 members of the FDS can suddenly start teaching something new (i.e. That they alone are the FDS) without it being apostasy. What am I missing?"

GB - "It ain't apostasy when we do it."

• TD
    TD
    GB - "It ain't apostasy when we do it."

Well how many times has it been said in print that the GB are "spokesman for.." / "taking the lead" etc., but otherwise have no special status or powers of revelation?

Or should that be understood as implicitly retracted as well?

• Gopher
    Gopher

That's exactly right, TD. Whatever crap they said before is now glossed over by new teachings, to which the loyal must kowtow or else....

On the Watchtower's compass, every direction they ever took is "north". Their followers just have to figure out where the theocratic "magentic north pole" now is located, and walk THAT direction.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

good point re apostasy.....would love to know what happens when one of the fds raises a new light....do the others throw him put for apostasy?....or do they conspire with him to spread apostasy???!!!!

• TD
    TD
    That's exactly right, TD. Whatever crap they said before is now glossed over by new teachings, to which the loyal must kowtow or else....

From a political/human perspective, I do understand that.

I believe though that it's possible to paint yourself into a corner doctinally to a point where there is no way to get out of it without walking on the wet paint (i.e. Cheating)

They defined the FDS as all the anointed living on earth at any given point in the Christian era

AND

They defined apostasy as abandoning, "....the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave."

When eight of them suddenly start teaching something other than this, it smacks of apostasy by their own definition.

• Gopher
    Gopher

:what happens when one of the fds raises a new light....do the others throw him put for apostasy?....or do they conspire with him to spread apostasy?

From our viewpoint, we'd probably say the latter "they conspire to spread apostasy" is true.

As Ray Franz pointed out in his book Crisis of Conscience, no WTS doctrine or practice is changed unless by a majority of the Governing Body. The minority yields to the majority. If the majority votes for some change, that's the direction they take. If someone in the minority starts teaching a different thing (like Ray was accused of doing in the late 1970's), then they would view THAT as apostasy and move against that person.

By their definition, nothing that the majority agrees on is "apostasy". They say they're just going by the guidance of holy spirit. (Cue laugh track.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit