EX Jehovah's Witness on BBC WM in the United Kingdom

by uk_ex_jw 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

Worth a listen on the podcast. Talking on the issues of his life as a Jehovah's Witness and the Child Abuse issues.

Plus a backlash afterwards by a few JW sympathisers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ffl21

• BroMac
    BroMac

If our American friends have not had the pleasure of listening to the angelic tones of the "brummie' accent which is people who live in the West Midlands then head to the start. The word that is repeated after most sentences is 'like' . Lol. Otherwise ex jw Richard is on after the news at 30-33mins.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good interview.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Just listened to it. Very few errors I noticed. re.. disfellowshiping. The elders would say after 12mth that we would like to reinstate as the person is attending all the meetings. The person would have to write a letter requesting reinstatement. ????

I thought richard was great. Which one of us is Richard?!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I'm not.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's interesting that the two most passionate pro-JWs were non-JWs, outsiders, who have held back from making any committment to the faith themselves and have little clue about the inner workings or the JW psyche, seeing everything through rose-colored spectacles.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Agreed with AnnOmaly. Very interesting. Did no JW fancy defending their faith?

Love that blatant lie from the WT Spokeman re 'good morals' (I'm guessing referencing disfellowshipping): "And if someone feels that this conflicts with their lifestyle choice we wish them well on their journey".

Hmmm...since when did shunning someone forevermore = wishing them well on their journey?

• BroMac
    BroMac

The old lady who likes to celebrate Christmas with her family has been associating with JW's for 20yrs. She is friends with an Elders wife and "they dont ostracise their daughter" she went on to say how they enjoyed a family meal and the grand children said that they love coming to grandma's as she is a good cook. "The old lady asked the Elders wife how she feels about her daughter not being "in the truth" - 20yrs, shes got the lingo- Elders wife replys, "Yes it does but it's her decision, and we always hope one day she will come back".

The old girl doesn't know the difference between a fader and a DF/DA person. Maybe if she got baptised she would find out what ostracism she woud get the following Christmas or family birthday.

• BroMac
    BroMac

"We wish them well on their journey." - The official London Bethel PR statement in regards to those who decide to leave.

• vangogh
    vangogh

i'm sure there are a lot of people who listened to that radio programme who felt as i did, that same deep sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me feel unwell because i know what that guy said to be true and then listening to the statement given out by the society., its always the same thing, everything denial, denial denial they have denied the most their past teachings,all the 'truth' that was 'spriitual food' that came from God and now 1914 and im sure they have thought out how to get round their teachings on 607bc . I just hope and pray that people will do their research about this cult before they are too far involved and indoctrinated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit