Annual Meeting tie in program - Bans children from attending

by Quarterback 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Sure hope so! I've put the cult life behind me now, but like so many ex jws here, watching them has become a sport.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Or like watching a tragic play or even a soap opera!!

• zeb
    zeb

dick heads

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaughts!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

A sister in my congregation has not been chosen to attend despite being baptised in 1940.

However, an 18 year old pioneer, despite being a complete half wit, will be attending.

Needless to say she is not well pleased.

George

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Yep it's invitation only in my part of London. Elduhs and wives and pioneers only.

Such a shame, I was looking forward to officially missing another 3.5 hour "praise the glorious governing body" session, guess I'll just have to miss it unofficially.

• jemba
    jemba

Does anyone know if its here in Australia? After 38 yrs in the cult I dont think Ive heard of this here before.

• label licker
    label licker

Talk about hard feelings and divisions. Over here the society is inviteing the whole congregation, kids and all. Really weird. Different strokes for different folks.

• dozy
    dozy

I always think that these "invitation only" events create more hassle than they are worth. Usually it is the service committee who decides who is invited , so inevitably some are unhappy at being passed over whereas those who go feel "privileged". There was an AGM in Leicester many years ago and a couple in our congregation who had been baptised many years previously but didn't get an invitation were very angry that newer ones were invited & they weren't. They complained bitterly to the CO at his next visit.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Telescreens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit