Annual Meeting tie in program - Bans children from attending

by Quarterback 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This was announced at our congrgation meeting. Only, Baptised, Active Witnesses are invited to attend this special program

• pronomono
    pronomono

Guess I will hear this one Thursday night. Last I heard, minors still living at home were allowed to come with their baptized, active parents.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What country is this

• pronomono
    pronomono

United States

• dozy
    dozy

It is tied into several locations in the UK as well by videolink. I got the impression that the AGM is going to be held in London , but maybe I picked that up wrong. Invitation only - elders in the congregation to decide who goes. Priority given to those long time in "the truth" , elders , pioneers etc. Some of my relatives have been invited so that gives them some bragging rights- you'd think they had an invitation to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace rather than travelling a few hours to watch a tv screen. The WTBTS seem to be making the AGM a much bigger thing nowadays - maybe the long rumoured new JW bible is going to be released.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So much for them using that story in Deuteronomy where the children were allegedly present for the reading of the Law code to justify forcing little children and babies to sit through the meetings and pay attention.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

If they invite only 'baptised, active JWs', surely that will prevent their 'secrets' being made known on forums such as this.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Also in view of the comment about the broadcast to England, so much for all jws being equal.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Drat then how will we learn what happens? I thought it was being piped to all us congregations.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Julia Orwell:

Drat then how will we learn what happens? I thought it was being piped to all us congregations.

Don't worry. We'll hear about it on here. Probably before they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit