Dec 2013 Study Edition

by breakfast of champions 54 Replies latest members private

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

If I had a pound for every time the society has hyped a meeting, watchtower article, keynote assembly item or tract...

Hype it up. Repeat"imminent". Knock education. Promote FS.

Yawn.

• Mum
    Mum

Shaul: Thanks for posting. Let us hear more from you. Are you a JW? Ex JW?

• Shaul
    Shaul

Hi Mum : I've ben on the board for five yrs . Lost my password and tried getting it sent to me with no avail , so rejoined the site . I was raised a JW . an elder for 20 yrs . got screwed , which opened my eyes to things . I started doing research and found how wrong the org was on so many things . It really gets me upset that people stop believing in Yehovah because of this false org . He's not the problem , THEY are (org).

PS : Thanks for the re-welcome

• label licker
    label licker

Welcome back Shaul

We look forward to more of your posts. It's time for hubby and I to move forward on relearning the bible again instead of staying angry. I guess what I'm saying is we're trying to learn and willing to enter a new phase of our lives being able to understand what the bible teaches. There are some really great researchers on this team site that can make you think and don't mind our two cents worth. We can even ask questions. Woo Hoo!

Glad to have another one on board

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I remember when I was a child, there was a story about the blood moon. It made me scare. So much, that now, 35 years later, I remember who told this story and where I was @ that moment.

Gorby

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I remember one of the last assemblies I attended about five years ago, the bethel dude said something to the effect of "The Governing Body believes that we are in the very last of the last days".

Like others have stated, yawn.

I feel for those trapped by such thinking, an absolute waste of their short time here on earth.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    The Governing Body believes that we are in the very last of the last days".

Of course, the Governing Body also thinks that they are God's servant on earth, that there shold be 2 witneses to child sexual abuse before they consider whether it really happened, that women can avoid rape by dressing modestly, that they commit fornication if they don't physically resist, that higher education is harmful.

They used to think that literal emotions were contained in the heart.

So you know, probably not too much to worry about.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Put some of the below dates in your agenda... you make want to take shelter on these days:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nothing wrong with signs for the seasons and days and years. Astronomy is part of what teaches us that the WTBTS's 607 date is incorrect. So...YAY for Astronomy!!

I know many farmers who plant certain crops in phase with the moon, nothing wrong with that either. I did get a twinge of panic reading this thread. What if I am an apostate?! This was quickly followed by, " What if they are planning a Jonestown "memorial?" Then my mind came back online, and I remembered all the lies, half-truths and deceptions from the GB/FDS. Now I feel better..

The indoctrination is powerful...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I would love it if they start faffing around with signs in the "moon".

If they go there it will be light on the insinuation. They couldn't be stupid enough to do anything more, could they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit