Dec 2013 Study Edition

by breakfast of champions 54 Replies latest members private

• smiddy
    smiddy

The wife and I last watched one late in 2007 in brisbane Qld.Aust.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah Smiddy, me an my friends watched that one from the Gold Coast. It was our meeting nite and all the 'young ones' skipped out of the hall to see it.

• cedars
    cedars

If anyone could get me a copy, I would be very grateful!

Utmost discretion is assured.

Cedars

• UBM101
    UBM101

Imminent The signs are wars, natural disasters etc, that have been happening since 3000BC maybe...

• label licker
    label licker

Listener, you have a pm

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

1. The very fact that this message of imminent destruction of all false religion is being proclaimed far and wide further argues that the “great tribulation” must be drawing on apace. -Watchtower February 1, 1975 page 85 paragraph 20
    2. In a similar way, while Jehovah’s Witnesses are announcing the imminent “great tribulation,” with God’s Armageddon judgment, they are also proclaiming the blessings of the “new heavens and a new earth” that will result in the restoration of justice and Paradise to this planet, along with everlasting life. -Watchtower April 1, 1988 page 26 pargraph 21
    3. Try to visualize what God has in store for mankind, as revealed in the Bible. The imminent “great tribulation” spells doom for the present wicked system of things. -Watchtower November 15, 1993 page 6
    4. This “great crowd” will survive the imminent “great tribulation.” -Watchtower January 15, 2004 page 13 pargraph 15
  • nugget
    nugget

imminent has been redefined since I last used it.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

I remember on an occasion noticing an unusually large number of birds and speculating in a service group if we might be close to Armageddon.

Rev. 19:17,18 - I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,that ?YOU? may eat the fleshy parts of kings and the fleshy parts of military commanders and the fleshy parts of strong men and the fleshy parts of horses and of those seated upon them, and the fleshy parts of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”

This cult has so many weeds planted in our thoughts.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/255722/1/Rumor-April-3-2015-start-of-Great-Tribulation

I wonder if this is related to this rumor? There is a lunar eclipse on the Memorial in 2015, I think.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Imminent.

Imminent.

Imminent.

It's been imminent since the 1940s.

Is that the same as "very close"?

Or, "very, very close?"

Or is it now "very very very close"?

[Stifle yawh..........]

Doc

Share this