Feeling Disfellowshipped

by meep5 24 Replies latest jw friends

• meep5
    meep5

You're right Quandry, I don't know what the future holds and just as I saw the truth about JWs, she could also see that at some point. Sometimes I just assume she will never change because of how much she depends on them but I should not assume. The only constant in this world is change.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Meep5 you have a PM... private message. To receive it, you hit the little tiny envelope up at the top right hand corner. After you hit it, it most probably will say... it didn't work lol or words to that effect... so then you hit it again and it should open. It is just a glitch in the system that Simon is going to fix. Just Lois

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Meeps ...glad you joined us here!

>

Watchtower programs its victims to treat life so cheaply!

>

Like working the slaves to exhaustion ... & tossing them away

when they are not needed anymore! Or throwing them away because

they dare to THINK!

>

I am sure your mother's friends say that maybe you will

die before armageddon & possibly come back! LOL

Then you will be worthy to associate with again!

>

But you are right here, right NOW ........ the child she bore!

Really what the heck is she waiting for ....how many years

has she lost by shunning her son! How many more does she

have? .....

>

Human lives sacrificed on the alter of the 'Watchtower Printing & RealEstate Company'!

>

Hard not to be bitter but try to keep your chin up!

All the best

clarity

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Meep,

Most of us on here understand what you are going through. It is very difficult when your family shuns you and it is not a loving practice. It is good to hear you got out at a young age and got your life together.

Congratulations on your new baby and it is so nice that you are raising your children to enjoy their life and to make something of themselves. You are fortunate that your family is out but you are right that it is hard for others to understand what it is like to be in a cult.

Hang in there and we are here to listen.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It's not a cult???? Holy Crap!!!!!

I've told everyon i know for the last 7 years... itsacult

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Seriously, dude. Good job.

You got kids man. You gotta be Strong.

You got a loving wife. You'l be fine!

• finally awake
    finally awake

It's hard when you are rejected by a parent. It is a huge thing to come out of the Borg and thrive, maybe your wife would understand a little better if she came on here and read some of the experiences.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Meep5 are you still a believer in christ a christian?? If you are you might want to share with your mother a couple of scriptures first at the end of chapter 1 of philippians verses 15-19 Paul talks about whos preaching and why and that it doesnt matter, then show her Mark 9:38-42 were the apotsles are trying to get some one else not with them to stop doing miricales in Jesus name and what does Jesus say. Then Acts 10:34-35 showing that if a person fears God and does righteousness he is accepatable by god, no disticntion. Then you may want to ask her why then she thinks she and her religon is special?? You could follow this up with anyone of the scriptures about not judging people and those that do. Maybe you can soften your mother up a bit.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I can tell by the way you write, careful, considered, passionate, honest and open that you will survive. There is a poverty in agnosticism. Some notable thinkers have written on it. I would propose there are far more individuals in this world who are 100% convinced that God exists than those who are likewise 100% convinced He does not. Those who are 7's. Reference the Dawkins 1-7 scale. I am a 6. De facto atheist. The evidence of the existence of an all knowing Creator is zero. The evidence of His non-existence is overwhelming. But who knows anything that's for sure? Not me. I'm 100% sure Yahweh is a fiction, though.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, it is a place where most understand what you are saying, having been there and now seeing it for what it truly is, a cult. One thing I'll add, at least you know where you stand with your mother and she's not saying one thing to you and another thing behind your back, and as has been said you don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit