Where did you meet the love of your life?

by Beck_Melbourne 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I met mine at the market. He was in the arms of another woman at the time. I wasn't at all jealous and it didn't seem at all inappropriate that I should find myself instantly attracted to him...I couldn't take my eyes off him. He kept looking at me over the apples stall...and I noticed the way his eyes would linger as I walked past him. I also noticed how good he was with kids....(I noticed this because I have 3 kids). I approached him and started talking to him...we decided to share a hot dog together. The woman he was with had since left and was busy going about her business...I was secretly pleased we were alone. I felt so comfortable with him..have you ever had the feeling?? Then...without any warning....I felt this overwhelming desire to reach out and stroke him...and so I did!

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/60066a25/bc/Beck/Oscar.jpg?bcBqCE9A0XxIxd_c

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

dakota

When we married, she asked me to discipline them as she was unable. I later found out that when I did, as soon as I left, she would coddle them and tell them how mean I was to discipline them. Then, she would later come and tell me how upset she was that the kids treated her like crap.

Why is it, brother, that this story has the ring of truth to it???

• one
    one

If you mean my ex-wife, well she approched me at a circuit assembly with an innocent question.

If you mean my future wife, i will have to discover her and the place where we are going to meet.

I have discarded a few dozen places where i met candidates for "love of your life". I guess they were not the right places... it contributed to not getting the right impression.

You see old laydies want to meet you at dark places. That way you can not see tehir mind clearly... it turns me off.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    we decided to share a hot dog together.

Now Beck. I Have to ask ya, was that a LITERAL hotdog, or a SYMBOLIC one.
    ???
    (Christ! Im so pissed I cant SEE.)
    Hey Beck, hows about your phone number so I can chat with you?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Farkel

You can share your parrot story now
    I've paved the way for you. Don't feel shy.

Refiners: and we thought u were here for us!!

Beck

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

ewwwwww...it was a REAL hotdog ya noddy LOL

open the link and don't be a sicko

Beck

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It is very true, RF. Even after they have left, I received a letter from CPS accusing me of emotional abuse because I listen to music that the 15 year old doesn't like. Of course, she claims that my taste in music makes her want to kill herself. What a hoot. I listen to anything from Big Band of the thirties to contemporary rock of the mid eighties. She prefers rap, something I can't stand. Of course, I guess it never dawned on anyone that if she doesn't like the music I do, she could leave the room.

It's all very real. I truly thought I had found the love of my life when I remarried this time. I trusted that the JWs would support the marriage and the parents. Once again, so much for taking marriage vows serious. I believe some of the nonsense is coming from the dubs as well. Since I am DA'd, and have told their dub friends to saty away if they cannot be cordial to me, that must be grounds for leaving ones mate, according to her Kingdom Hall.

When I read accounts like yours and how you adore your love, I envy you. Who knows, maybe one day I will find one as that. But, until then, I'll just live my life and enjoy my grandchildren. Currently, they are the love of my life.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• COMF
    COMF

Dakota, have you ever considered just dating for the sheer enjoyment of the person and the moment, without tying it to any intent to cohabit?

Apparently, some folks just aren't cut out for marriage. Or it's not cut out for them, or whatever.

Anyway, living by yourself and just having a close friend over for breakfast now and then can be a wonderful life.

COMF

Ah, love! could you and I with Him conspire
    To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire,
    Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
    Re-mould it nearer to the heart's desire!

• Sirona
    Sirona

My first meeting at the JW hall. I saw him across the room...

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

At a convention in Alice Springs :-) After volenteering in a prominent spot all day with little success, back at the Motel there was this chick sitting on the hood of a car drinking Strongbows and generally acting crassly, I was hooked. I was with my farmer mate and we got an invite for a Barbie, Anne yelled out as we walked off '...bring ya beers...' and I'd swallowed the bait whole... (she's actually quite refined:)

Sat feeding the resident Wallabies, then in the pool together, holding hands to the disgust of all, married 6 months later...

That was ten years ago and we're still in love just as much :-)

Pretty pukey hey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit