married couples who post

by teejay 33 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

I second Prisca's opinion. It has been my observation that men are even less trainable than women. Wominz out there, what you see is what you get, and it ain't likely to change. Remember too, that some of your guys foibles that you consider cute, will be damned irritating after awhile.

• teejay
    teejay

Beck,

You’re an Aussie and Frank lives in SE U.S. That’s a distance of... what? 8,000 miles?

Not a good way to run a relationship. An EXCELLENT way to run a successful, happy marriage, however.

===================
    this is so funny, because this is advice normally given out to women regarding men!

Don’t believe the hype, Prisca. Don’t believe the hype.

===================
    It has been my observation that men are even less trainable than women.

Of course you’re right, Larc. Men are generally less trainable, but not by much.

Men marry women, hoping they won’t change. Women marry men, hoping they will. In the end, both find how very wrong they were.

• waiting
    waiting

LOL, my husband was 38 (been living alone since 18) when we married. I was 30, somewhat like a gypsie with 3 kids - well behaved only within my sight. The poor man had no idea of the freight train that just hit him. After a year, I finally convinced him he wasn't perfect - but it was a long year.

He is a great one though. I didn't plan on changing him.....just wore him down.

My 81 year old grandmother-in-law said, "I wouldn't marry another man if he had a gold.....brick."

waiting

• teejay
    teejay

How long did you say you’d been married, Waiting?

Anyway...

I love the way old people talk. I’ve been told more than once that I have an old soul, whatever that is. I always liked the company of old people, even when I was little, and I would love having a chat with your grandmother-in-law. I liked what she said about her marital plans. I agree. When/if this marriage of mine ends, I’m officially done with the ‘sacred institution.’ Marriage is fine for most people, but only most people... not all.

Btw, you said: “I finally convinced him he wasn't perfect.” I firmly believe that the average American female could eventually convince Jesus Christ himself that *he* wasn’t perfect. Y’all got skills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit