married couples who post

by teejay 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Sorry,,
    "Hardened" ya' know, like by life, "Big tough guy".

I wouldnt keep it a secret if my man posted.
    I see no reason either. I suppose some people could have their own reasons though.
    My husband says he doesnt have enough time to come and chat. I guess its just not his thing.
    My sister is pretty much in the same situation as us. Raised in the Org & doubting but she is a little intimidated to join in here. She posts comments on Freeminds comment page when she has time though.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Perhaps the couple wants to be known as individuals instead of a couple. I totally respect that.

Andi

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

i think andi is right in some cases!

hi andi hehe

inside the future of a shattered past

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Teejay,
    Andi is right. Julie and I are two different people. Had I come in here known as Julies spouse, I would have had a 1000 enemies from the word go:) While we have our similarities, we are miles apart in other ways.I was more interested in the sociometry (lurking for you nitpickers) of DB's. Julie likes to partake. Was it deceitful? Yeah,but not because of any hidden agenda or anything. Do I really care? Nah. Has anyone out there been caused any irreparable damage because of it? I think not.And besides there are other reasons that frankly are none of your biz.

I must say at first I was persuaded by Julies opinions of people here, then I just decided to hate you all equally:D

There are cliques of people here that hide behind psuedo names and defend each other more so than Julie and I ever did.

There are some great folks here, and some not so great, just like in RL. Which category do you or I fall into? Both. Just like everbody else here. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

A husband and wife are two different people, they share a life, not a single mind. Hope that helped.

Mark

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Mark.

I realize that whether the relationship is discovered early or late, certain types of people are going to respond categorically and be unable to think outside the box. Personally, I care little for that limited type of thinking and such people have little to offer me, regardless of the subject.

Yes, some may initially have another basis for insulting you, such as with comments of “who wears the pants,” etc. The fact is that over time, as you both express yourself on various topics, unless you agree on everything and share the exact same perspective on all subjects, others would soon see two distinct people. In r/l you and I have convos with married couples all the time and very seldom see collusion in their arguments. Often the couples are as much at odds with each other as two people can be. I don’t understand why that same thing can’t happen here.

And besides there are other reasons that frankly are none of your biz.

Please understand: At the outset when I asked the question, I wasn’t trying to pry into private affairs for specifics or even trying to make a point. It’s simply that since I wouldn’t do it myself and so saw no reason for it, I was only trying to understand the reasons why a married couple would keep their couple-ness (?) a secret.

Thanks for your note. You’ve given me something to think about.

• Xena
    Xena

I don't think many people care one way or another that tyydyy and I are married. Some people know and some don't....we didn't shout it off the roof tops, but neither did we try to hide it by acting like we didn't know each other.

I think most people are aware that we are two seperate distinct people and treat us that way.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Andi said: "Perhaps the couple wants to be known as individuals instead of a couple. I totally respect that."

But to be honest with everyone, the reason I have never mentioned Andi is because for the entire time she has been on the DB, she has been openly dating that Neil guy.

Who wants to be known as Six-the-cuckold? And I guess if her dating habits are any indication, she is just ashamed to claim me. *sigh*

• zombie
    zombie

I used to post on a board with my husband and I wish to heck no one had known I was married to him.

People assumed we shared the same views and others would blast me or badmouth me to him that I was not submissive. Others would ask me to control him. His views were what I considered, "outa control" and I wanted nothing more than to distance myself from him after a while.

• teejay
    teejay

Six,

Andi’s desire to keep secret her ‘relationship’ with you makes perfect sense.

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

"Whatever" Xena ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit