married couples who post

by teejay 33 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Zombie,

I guess I can see how other’s comments relative to your husband might bother you. However, under the exact same circumstances, I just don’t see it being a problem for me at all.

For one, people who’d assume that my wife and I held the exact same views would be making a very stupid assumption, one that would easily be put to rest as they objectively read our respective posts. (Just like people who deal with us in r/l, it wouldn’t be long before most got the point that my wife and I were two distinct individuals and would respond to us accordingly.) The minority that insisted on being stupid would be easy enough to ignore.

It works here! For example, people know who Larc is and who ZazuWitts is. ZazuWitts doesn’t always agree with Larc—has strongly disagreed at times—and the adults here understand how normal that is in a marriage. If someone says that she ought to get control of her husband, they’d only be joking since we all know Larc is out of control and we have deep sympathies for her because of it.

Secondly, just as it doesn’t faze me when I’m called names here, I wouldn’t care one bit when a total stranger accused me of being domineering (or, in your case, not being submissive). Do you REALLY care what accusations strangers make about you? I don't.

Others would ask me to control him. His views were what I considered, "outa control" and I wanted nothing more than to distance myself from him after a while.
    Funny! Like I told someone in email, if my wife posted I’d be the first to make it known and seriously doubt either of us would lose anything in the long-run. If anything, the poor woman would immediately get a lot of sympathy from the board.
  • Imbue
    Imbue

teejay says:

Like I told someone in email, if my wife posted I’d be the first to make it known and seriously doubt either of us would lose anything in the long-run. If anything, the poor woman would immediately get a lot of sympathy from the board.

she already has my sympathy ...

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• waiting
    waiting

I asked my husband once if he wanted to post on this forum (when it was small and cuddly) - he looked at me as if I was totally freakin' nuts. Which is way more than his usual look of "are you nuts?"

We don't agree on much - or more correctly, how to express it. Since I have, over time, disparaged my honey on more than one occasion, I'm glad he neither posts nor reads here. Thus, we remain on semi-speaking terms, which has helped our marriage survive 21.5 years, thank you, all with very nice intervals.

He does roll his eyes a lot though.[8>] You'd think he'd learn after 21.5 years, it does no good.

waiting

• larc
    larc

Folks,

My view point is similiar to outonalimb's. My wife and I are very independent in many ways. She rarely comments when I post and I rarely comment when she posts. We have very different interests as to what we write about.

Until I mentioned our 39th wedding aniversary, there were quite a number of people that didn't know we were married, even though I mentioned it on several occasions.

Teejay,

Yep, I am out of control and happy for it. Niether my wife and I try to control each other (at least not very much), and that is why we have been getting along lately.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Zombie,

Don't know what name you used to use, nor your husband's - but glad you decided to re-incarnate yourself. Welcome once again.

waiting

• Latte
    Latte

Andi said….

Perhaps the couple wants to be known as individuals instead of a couple. I totally respect that.

Larc said….

My wife and I are very independent in many ways. She rarely comments when I post and I rarely comment when she posts.
    Teejay said....
    If someone says that she ought to get control of her husband, they’d only be joking since we all know Larc is out of control and we have deep sympathies for her because of it.
    My ‘other half’ posts on this DB. I feel that all of the above would apply to us....especially the last quote (tee hee)

Latte

• zombie
    zombie

Thank you......and isn't the name zombie a great new nick for a "reincarnated" individual who was supposed to serve blindly the FDS? hehe

• teejay
    teejay
    she already has my sympathy ... – Imbue

I HEARD that, Imbue!

------------------------------------
    I asked my husband once if he wanted to post on this forum he looked at me as if I was totally freakin' nuts. Which is way more than his usual look of "are you nuts?"

Funny, waiting. Your hubby sounds like my type of fella.

He does roll his eyes a lot though.[8>] You'd think he'd learn after 21.5 years, it does no good.

Close friends (wives?) have said that I am analytical in the extreme. Not true. However, I will admit to being, by nature, a very observant person. So, having been a husband (off and on) for the past twenty years, I speak with some experience. I’ve had the inestimable privilege of being married to two lovely women and have been close to scads of other marriages over the years and there’s one thing I can say.

I have found that women – specifically wives – are indeed quite resistant to training, regardless of the degree of its sophistication. A man who insists on getting one better damn well choose carefully, ‘cause she absolutely WILL... NOT... CHANGE, regardless of his efforts to improve her.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Beck_Melbourne

I don't have a husband who posts on here...but my boyfriend Francois posts on here

Beck

• Prisca
    Prisca

teejay said:

I have found that women – specifically wives – are indeed quite resistant to training, regardless of the degree of its sophistication. A man who insists on getting one better damn well choose carefully, ‘cause she absolutely WILL... NOT... CHANGE, regardless of his efforts to improve her.

this is so funny, because this is advice normally given out to women regarding men!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit