Funny demon conversation

by problemaddict 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Laika said, "... She insisted that her mother was at the meeting when it happened."

This *might* be evidence of hypnotic suggestion. Seriously.

PS - I like your nom-de-net, Laika. Most today don't know that Laika (Russian meaning "Barker"; c. 1954 – November 3, 1957) was a Soviet space dog who became one of the first animals in space, and the first animal to orbit the Earth. Woof, puppy!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    (my sister speaks up). I've had bad dreams.
    (my wife speaks up) I've had bad dreams too.

Other people have had bad dreams. 'Obviously' demons.

But that doesn't even connect with the original claim by the other person that:

she couldn't sleep all night

There's any number of reasons why a person might have difficulty sleeping, especially in an unfamiliar room.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Excess wind keeps me awake, (too much real Ale), and when I do drop off I have some weird dreams. Those blasted Demunz ! With all the trade I give her, you'd think the Beer Fairy would keep them away !

• cantleave
    cantleave

What I never understand is why Demunz don't possess cars. How JDubs buy pre-owned cars? How many times have you heard one say say their pre-owned car is demunised? NEVER! Now if you were a demon -what would you rather possess? A birthday card or a car...... Fuck man - give me a car anytime, so much more fun. Am I not wrong?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The whole concept, of Demons and "possession" etc belongs back in the dark ages, JW's are really stupid about this.

They are not alone of course, certain religious types from Africa have even murdered innocent children believing them to be "possessed".

What Mediaeval nonsense.

• Fernando
    Fernando

"I asked her why the demon chose to give her nightmares, and if she realized that that means the demon had control of her mind in order to do that. "

Now wouldn't it be great if that plain logic started springing some of the Watchtower locks on her mind.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

-= My True Story =-

I’m not overly superstitious, but years ago in Hawaii, I had a spate of bad luck. The horrible sunburn I got was no mystery; neither was the horrible stomach flu; however, every time I went to Honolulu in a friend’s car, the damn thing broke down. It got so bad that I refused to go by car and I resolved to go by bus. It broke down and I had to wait three hours for a new bus to be dispatched. Then one day, I got off the bus at a place called “Valley of the Temple” to buy a calculator for a math course I was taking. The next four buses failed to show and then a couple of big Polynesians who had been drinking walk by and they beat me to a pulp. I eventually was able to flee and they were close behind. I started knocking on doors randomly but couldn’t stay long enough to wait for an answer. Finally, I knocked on a door and immediately a huge Tongan opened the door. He grabbed me and said, “Who did this to you?” All I could do was point and he rushed outside.

The bad guys took one look at him and suddenly remembered they had to be somewhere else. This fellow who helped me—his family was Seventh Day Adventists—and he helped treat my wounds and then, with his family, drove me 30 miles to a 24-hour clinic next to my University. I’ll never forget what he did for me. I had to wear a waterproof nylon cast and was in such pain for a couple of weeks that I was popping Percodan like M&Ms! After two weeks, I went for a dive with my dive class and bought a new facemask and snorkel (my old ones being stolen by the muggers). Halfway out to the dive site, the mask began leaking and I came this close to drowning. Only by sheer will did I manage to make it back to the dive site. The instructor’s son, not realizing what the problem was, tried his best to make me stop using my regulator and kept pulling it out of my mouth. Later, when he learned what the situation was, he apologized, but he’d pretty much done all he could to kill me.

It was one thing after another. Then I left the island and headed back home. But the bad luck continued. Then I became really superstitious. I began to rid myself of everything I’d gotten in Hawaii. I gave away shirts and souvenirs and then...everything went back to normal. I didn’t know why and I didn’t care.

Then a few years later, I was talking to a friend of mine, a Navy Captain who had been assigned to head up all three Navy hospitals in Hawaii. I told him my experience expecting him to laugh it off. Instead, he asked, “Was one of the things you threw away a piece of lava?”

“Yeah,” I said. “It was from the big island and carved into the form of Madam Pele, a local goddess.”

He nodded and said, “Well, that was probably it.” He went on to explain that it wasn’t that it was carved in the form of a goddess that was the problem. It was the lava itself. In fact, he said, he had visited the visitor’s center on the island and had seen a room with letters posted by people who had taken lava from the big island and had been smitten with horrible luck. Eventually, they sent the lava back with a letter apologizing for taking it. A friend had given me the lava form as a welcoming gift to Oahu. I explained to my Navy friend that I hadn’t returned the lava, but had just thrown it away. He shrugged and said, “Whatever works.”

“Tom,” I said. “You’re pretty level headed. Do you believe all this ‘curse’ business?”

“No,” he replied. “But then, I wouldn’t take any lava away from the island, and if I had a piece, I’d probably get rid of it.” He said the visitor’s center gets hundreds of letters with pieces of lava enclosed. They posted the letters and rotated them frequently.

“But you said you weren’t superstitious,” I said.

“Yep,” he replied, leaning back in his chair. “But why take the chance?”

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And JWs have no superstitions. Yeah right.

I wish I'd never smashed my 'good luck' cat statues my brother bought back from Japan when I became a JW. I'm sure we all, as JWs, have similar moments of 'demon' shame.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Then I became really superstitious. I began to rid myself of everything I’d gotten in Hawaii. I gave away shirts and souvenirs

Sorry to hear that your own superstition made you lose out on your souvenirs.

He nodded and said, “Well, that was probably it.”

He's an idiot, or you're gullible, or both.

He said the visitor’s center gets hundreds of letters with pieces of lava enclosed.

Obviously if that actually happens, it is a result of people believing stories they've been told about the lava. There would otherwise be no reason for them to make any connection between a souvenir and supposed 'bad luck'.

The claim is indeed true. People have returned bits of lava to Hawaii because they believed a ridiculous superstition. Snopes does not say the 'curse' (obviously a tourism gimmick intended to prevent tourists from souveniring the landscape) is 'real'.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Hi, Jeffro.

You state your beliefs, but you don't have anything to support them. Since I've never been a JW, I've never been raised to be superstitious, but I think we Americans are more open minded about such matters. I never even thought "curse" until I got home and figured, at that point, I had nothing to lose by tossing the stuff I'd picked up in Hawaii. Not my Hawaiian shirt, mind you, but just the little trinkets people had given me. And even though I was technically supposed to send the lava back, just getting rid of it seemed to do the trick. I didn't even hear of the curse until years later, nor had it ever occurred to me that an object might be imbued with an unholy power. Still, ridding myself of it seemed, at the time, to be a good idea. And it seems to have worked out for the best.

My friend is one of the most practical people I know. Not only is he an accomplished surgeon and hypnotist, he's an experienced diver and an able administrator. So we're not talking about an uneducated flake. I don't think he'd ever admit to thinking there was a curse on lava, but he adds that he, himself, wouldn't take it or possess it. I reckon he thinks it's better to err on the side of caution.

I know I'd never own another piece of the stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit