Funny demon conversation

by problemaddict 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

I remember when I use to attend an IFB church called Open Bible Baptist Church the pastor would go on and on about demon possessed items. My friends had some of their hard rock and heavy metal CDs tossed in the trash. I remember even burning some of the items I had that I thought were demon possessed.

Boy, what an idiot I was.

• garyneal
    garyneal

You know, thinking about how gullible I used to be back in those days, I remember ordering a pendant that was suppose to bring good luck to its wearer. Our Lady Of Medjugorje was what was on the pendant. In the box, there were ads for other charms, my favorite was "Rub the Buddha for money."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a related personal demon story

A Demon That Wouldn't Show His Face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUj6NrnNaTOPN08sYM59R0wA&feature=player_detailpage&v=04KuO18XGcw

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Vanderhoven7:

A Demon That Wouldn't Show His Face

I want my 1:40 back (and I was being particularly generous). Glad I didn't waste the whole 8:39.

A woman thought she saw and heard something that wasn't there. You should be telling her to see a neurologist or psychiatrist instead of making up stories about the alleged 'motivations' of 'demons'.

There are many reasons why people sometimes see these kinds of hallucinations. Some are temporary conditions (such as medication side affects or stress), whereas others are serious life-threatening conditions (such as brain tumor). It's extremely irresponsible to dismiss them as 'spirits' or 'demons'.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Cold Steel:

You state your beliefs, but you don't have anything to support them.

You clearly don't understand 'burden of proof'. Apart from that, it's quite clear that the Snopes site does not say the curse is 'real', but only that people have returned lava to Hawaii because they thought the curse was real.

Since I've never been a JW, I've never been raised to be superstitious,

You think JWs are the only superstitious people???

I had nothing to lose by tossing the stuff I'd picked up in Hawaii. Not my Hawaiian shirt, mind you, but just the little trinkets people had given me.

Before, you said you gave away all your Hawaiian stuff:

I began to rid myself of everything I’d gotten in Hawaii. I gave away shirts and souvenirs

But now, the story is that you tossed out the 'trinkets' and kept the shirt.

And it seems to have worked out for the best.

This is called a coincidence. Though it is also possible that in some situations, your own superstition may influence events (irrespective of whether your superstition at the time of the unfortunate events was about 'magical lava' or just a 'run of bad luck'). This is for the same reason that people think they see or hear 'scary' things when they're already scared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit