Reinstatement Hearing Secretly Recorded and on JWStruggle

by RayPublisher 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In many states it is illegal to record a private conversation without the express consent of everyone involved.

Personally, I'm a big fan of civil disobedience. If a law is wrong, then I have no problem breaking it. And I certainly applaud anyone else with the guts to do the same.

That being said, my heroes in this regard (Ghandi, MLK, etc.) all accepted the consequences for their disobedience.

Be advised: If you secretly record a judicial hearing, you may be breaking the law. If you break the law, then be prepared to deal with the consequences.

From a practical standpoint, the elders would somehow have to find out about this recording. That would require one of them or someone that knows their voices well to hear this, recognize them and to also let them know about it.

Then they'd have to prosecute our young lady that made fools of them.

Could it happen? Yes. Will it? I doubt it, but it is possible.

You might like this thread from a while ago. There are some really good comments about the possible repercussions of recording a judicial meeting:

• under the radar
    under the radar

Is there any way to convert the YouTube audio into mp3? That would make it much more convenient to listen to on an iPhone, iPod, or other mp3 player while walking, working out, etc.

If anyone can do that and post a link here, that would be great. I think it would enable more people to listen to the entire proceeding.

Regardless, thanks for posting this. I imagine it took a lot courage (not to mention time) for all involved, and I appreciate everyone's efforts.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why would a bird try to sneak back into his cage knowing what awaits him inside?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is there any way to convert the YouTube audio into mp3?

Google 'youtube to mp3 free online converter.' Many marvelous little gizmos are available

----

I found the questioning so laborious, painful. I know they felt they had to ascertain 'godly repentance' but sheesh, she's not a little child. One thing that struck me - again, the idea that outward performance - stuff like meetings, studying the WT publications and pioneering(!) - were indicators of spirituality and repentance. How many JWs look good on the outside and do all the 'right' things, yet have no 'spiritual' bone in their bodies, it's all fake?

(Just for the record, Ray and Gojira really did the lion's share of the transcribing.)

• tornapart
    tornapart

Caleb's Airplane.. people get reinstated because they need their family and it's the only way. The same reason someone stays in knowing it's all wrong.

It's easy for someone to say it's going back into a birdcage (with a cat in it) but what is the alternative if you want your much loved family back... a family that is under mind control? How else are you also going to try to get them out of the birdcage?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

tornapart: How else are you also going to try to get them out of the birdcage?

I'm the cat, they're the birds.

• Violia
    Violia

I hope this does not get back to them as she will never get back in.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

She did get back in ... a few months later.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Won't this get her disfellowshipped now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit