Reinstatement Hearing Secretly Recorded and on JWStruggle

by RayPublisher 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Okay people I have a new video that some of you may be interested in- I believe it is the only one of its kind online.

Three elders meet with a young female that knows TTATT and is trying to get back into the JWs for family reasons. The audio also includes the three elders disagreeing and deliberating after she is dismissed from the room and then when they call her back in. Below is a snippet of the YouTube description of the hearing:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Four people in the room:

1. Elder 1 has a non-American accent, and is the oldest of the three.
    2. Elder 2 with deep voice. He is apparently the chairman since he opens the meeting and is the primary person speaking to the sister.
    3. Elder 3 has a slight southern accent and says very little during the meeting with the sister.

4. The JW seeking reinstatement back into the Watchtower Organization is a young female who has been disfellowshiped twice. She has learned The Truth About The Truth and is recently free of the mind control. She desperately wants to have a relationship with certain younger family members that now are required to shun her. She is coming back primarily for them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, there is a whole transcript and accompanying article here if you want to read it:

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2013/08/mind-reading-and-reinstatement-part-two/

And the YouTube video can be found on the JWStruggle channel here if you prefer to watch/listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5IRTgcfDg

Some screengrabs are here:

Grab1

Grab2

Grab3

More screengrabs of the video accompany the article on JWStruggle.com if you want to see them. BTW I would like to acknowledge our own Ann O'Mally and Gojira for their great help on transcribing this beast- it was a ton of work thank you!!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Watchtower-Free
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

marking

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cool, marked!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You mean HOLY SPIRIT isn't really directing this process? I'm shocked!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

This blows that whole notion out of the water, as we see two elders wanting to let her back in, then the one stronger pesonality convince them she's faking it, then they all take the easy way out and say "More time will PROVE her love for Jehovah" etc etc etc ad naseum.

These men have people's lives in their hands and in the whim of their stilted opinions and that is a crime.

• Powerful1
    Powerful1

I could not listen to the whole recording. My stomach is tied in a knot and I'm overwhelmed with anger. How in the hell can they say disfellowshipping someone is love.

This is horrible!!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If an apostate can be reinstated--and we know that many of us have--then that means either one of two things:

1. There is no "Holy Spirit" overseeing this so-called "Judicial Hearing," or,
    2. Holy Spirit is ok with allowing apostates "back-in" so they can freely associate with their relatives and friends.

Either way, it absolutely proves: THIS IS NOT GOD'S ORGANIZATION!

How ya' gonna' refute that, JW apologists?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Very interesting.. I listened to some of the recording. It seems that these three elders were somewhat sincere about trying to do their job in this case. Elder #1 is kind of a hardass. It is possible that he is very perceptive in figuring out that the person just wanted to get reinstated to see her family (which is true). However, I wouldn't give him that much credit. I think it's more likely that he just wanted to put the screws to her some more and make her suffer for a few more months since it was her second offense.

As an aside, if you have the resources, it might not be a bad idea to seek some advice on whether recording elders' deliberations could be problematic from a legal standpoint, especially if you plan to publish more of these should they become available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit