My Jimi Hendrix experience

by confusedandalone 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

'scuse me while I kiss the sky!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I can verify. People who listen to Jimi do a lot of drugs.

*ahem*

Moving on...

I never understood the "play it backwards" scare tactic. To break this down: You have to listen to the recording, it gets in your head, and somehow your brain reverses the sounds, thus giving the "hidden message" some subconscious gravity. And on top of that, an artist pouring out brilliance and emotion with a team other musicians. recording engineers, and mixers collectively spending thousands of hours on millions of dollars of equipment... just to produce a recording that contains a "subliminal" message in mass production in a format which requires the brain to process in reverse.

(1) There is no way my brain can function that way without drugs, and (2) it seems like a very convoluted and wasteful method of promoting Satan's influence.

From the time I was a child, I never understood any of this.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Comatose - I swear to god every song was about some perverted sex act once they listened to it... preferably anal sex it seemed...

I also got a beating for having a collection of baseball cards because it is idolatry... WTF

• Dagney
    Dagney

My mom was worried but she didn't go nuts. She threw away the cover to "Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn and Jones" by the Monkees, but not the vinyl. LOL. She missed the "Are you Experienced" Hendrix album which I still have. I love Jimi, still.

Enjoy your music...

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

your title is misleading.

i thought you were about to relate an experience dropping acid

• scary21
    scary21

I had the Bold as Love album. My mom never said a word. She loved the Supreme's and bought me the greatest hits. She would NEVER

buy me Jimmy's album. My JW mom was a dream compared to what I read on this site. At the time I thought she was so strict. Compared

to the worldly moms she was. My dad was not a JW so that helped alot .

Sherry

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like "All Along the Watchtower" too. My mother wouldn't let me sing "Puff the Magic Dragon." I still roll my eyes over that one.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Makes me glad I wasn't raised JW. My Catholic parents were crazy in their own way, but they didn't put big restrictions on the music i listened to.

As a young teen I ordered Jimi's Smash Hits album in one of those 10 cassettes for a penny deals they used to put in the Sunday newspaper. It was a bit of a random selection; i was only vaguely familiar with a couple of his songs and wasn't that much into them.

Well, as it turned out, of those 10 tapes, the Hendrix one got played far more than the others. I still enjoy listening to those same songs in the same order that they appeared on that tape.

BTW "Gypsy Eyes" is a great lesser-known Hendrix song. I'd recommend Stepping Stone as well.

• Glander
    Glander

If your looking for hidden occult images, check out an old Watchtower

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fortunately for us, since 1914 King Haysus has been ruling over our Paradise Earth and one of the many blessings he has given us - in addition to the Edsel, Betamax video recrding format, the CP/M operating system and blood fractionating equipment - is digital music. With an easily-obtainable bit of ones and zeros all we have to do to play music in reverse is click a button. Thank you Haysus!

Download audacity (for PCs) and install it. Open up the song you want to play backwords and then highlight the song with the selection tool. Then go to effects and click reverse. This will reverse the song so then you can play and save it backwards. Audacity is free too.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit