My Jimi Hendrix experience

by confusedandalone 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

As a 13 year old a friend of mine had a Jimi Hendrix Record and told me if we play it backwards that they said words. He bought the record from a shop not far from where we lived and we were the only family that still had a record player. So we played the record and I spun it backwards andnothing happened. The kid hung out for a few hours and then left. HE FORGOT TO TAKE THE RECORD WITH HIM.

Fast forward 2 weeks later and my mom is cleaning and she finds the record on the turntable.......... she goes nuts and begins to tell me that his music is demonic and people used it while doing drugs! She even repeated the fact that playing it backwards and they said demonic stuff. She got her peaceful voice and went and got the bible. She began the ritualistic pre-beating sermon... this time the scripture had to do with those engaging in witchcraft and spiritism... she then read the scripture a father loves those he disciplines... (This was literally the ritual we went through everytime there was a beating)

She beat the crap out of me and destroyed the record because I refused to tell her I got it from someone because anytime something was brought into the house by someone who was not at the kingdom hall there was the risk that you were inviting the demons. It was even worse if you brought in a physical item because a physical item was also inviting the demons.

Anyway fastfoward 20+ years and here I am on iTunes and they suggested a Jimi Hendrix tracked called Gypsy Eyes. OMMMMMMMMG

• Glander
    Glander

so you owe your mom an apology for trying to help you avoid the low sink of depraved debauchery you have found yourself in today.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Might I suggest his version of 'All along the WatchTower'. "There must be some way out of here" said the joker to the thief ",

"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."

• Stealth
    Stealth

Didn't she know that if you burn the album and it screems, that is how you can tell if it is demon possessed?

I had the exact same experience, except in my case it was the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album from Iron Butterfly.

• glenster
    glenster

Whoa. JWs parents can be uber-conservative.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEIdbosqpg

• cantleave
    cantleave

Your mother sounds like mine.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Reminds me of the big scare over the ole Proctor and Gamble logo.

I remember my silly ass jw mother-in-law throwing out every product she had with that logo on it........

.......and buying them all again after a couple of weeks because they were the best products for the application.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Those silly fundamentalists. Didn't they know that Hendrix's musical genius was supposed to be appreciated by playing his music forwards not backwards? Gypsy Eyes is not one of my favorites. The guitar solo on "Bold as Love" makes my speakers weep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwalj_BhkbQ

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

cantleave - I was hoping there wasnt another one in existence lol

what was wrong with the proctor and gamble logo?

FadeToBlack - Yes yes yes... I cant believe Hendrix is this amazing

Resistance - you are only making my situation worse. I am in my music room literally going deaf ROFL

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lol this was my life too. I remember my parents scrutinizing every songs lyrics and reading into them perverted or bad stuff that even a so called bad person didn't mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit