YAY!!! My first time being shunned and it was humorous to say the least

by confusedandalone 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

A good friend of mine invited me to a party after her meeting on Sunday. I told her I was not going any longer and she doesn't care. She also let us know that no other Witnesses would be there. Welllllll her mom mentioned it to a few people at the hall unbeknownst to her and BAM the uncomfortable feelings began.

She introduced me to all of her workmates and we were relaxing and having a good time then BOOM!! A brother who pretty much was a slacker and a whiner and constant screw up comes in. He looked mortified when he saw me. Keep in mind that no announcement has been made so he is going off of sheer rumor at this point. Anyway he comes in and I extend my hand to him and he walks away. Please keep in mind that when he was going through legal trouble I was there for him. He had SERIOUS marital issues and I can say without a doubt that had I not been there his marriage would have been done and over with.

At one point on a shepherding call he told me he wanted to just ennd it all. I went to the SCRIPTURES and fortified him. I let him hand out with me. He was assigned to my bookstudy and I made sure I spent time with him. I left the hall about 1 year ago - and he has since gotten to the point were he may be a servant very soon.

After all of this he refused to speak and told the sister - I am not going to be here in this setting with HIM.

It is moments like this that I realize that anyone who takes this relgion seriously is touched in the head.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sheesh. That's warped.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...and you thought your story was over.

Thanks for the laugh.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

OnTheWayOut - I was hoping it was... I guess I am just as delusional as they are LOL

Comatose - I really have got to start carrying a camera with me... I never realized how truly pathetic these people appear to be.

I told the girl who invited us we would leave because I didn't want to mess things up - she told us to comeback around 10 when they were all gone.

We went back and drank her Crown Royal with her non-jw grandparents till about 12 LOL

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Your story is insane

At least you former friend could try to follow a simple role "love your enemies"

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

okay i'm sorry, , but that is just BULLSHIT!! No announcement has yet to be made? What a douche... As far as i'm concerned until the announcment has been made then, , well the announcement hasn't been made!! I remember a few times when I was younger finding out a close friend was to be DF'ed and going and hanging out with them or to the movies before the announcement was made, because until that happens it's still fair game.... oh well, go figure...

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

It's a big world. You'll meet lots of interesting people, and make lots of new friends. Enjoy your freedom.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Once the announcement has been made you can expect the loyalty test to be applied to your JW employees as they will start to get pressure from the Borg to quit their job to prove their loyalty to "Jehovah" the organization.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I agree with Perversion of the Truth in regard to "I remember a few times when I was younger finding out a close friend was to be DF'ed and going and hanging out with them or to the movies before the announcement was made, because until that happens it's still fair game". When I heard the rumors about a dear sister, I hadn't been as close as I use to, I made it a point to reach out to her before the announcement and made it clear that while we hadn't spoken as much lately, that I cared for her and was there if she needed anything. I didn't want her to think I was fishing for info so I left it at that.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Welcome to the club CA&A (and enjoy that Crown Royal responsibly). I'm only 'inactive' and some friends won't come within 10 ft (3.048m) of me at the KH on the rare occasion I attend. Perhaps we have something contagious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit