What was YOUR wake-up call before you left the JW´s organization?

by Mr Fool 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mr Fool:

There were several rude awakenings before the last straw, which was the 1995 changed teaching on generation.

I am a single working woman who was appalled by the attitude towards college/careers and just a plain old decent job. I got the sense I was resented because I am independent. Some of these fools acted as if I "owed" somebody something. Many of my critics were older people who came into the religion after they made their living and were retirees. I could swear that some of them must have forgotten what it was like to have to go out and earn a living. They said the stupidest things! And, the gossip? Let's not go there.

I made enough concessions to be in this stupid religion. I stopped smoking and conformed my lifestyle to bible standards, I dressed as modestly as I could. But, was scrutinized over my dress and figure by people with issues. Certain people there didn't like me because I was outspoken and the users got nowhere with me. I was not there to be bothered by people looking for favors.

But, still I persevered because I was ever optimistic that things would get "better". They didn't. I realized it wasn't just me or my attitude.

Then came that fateful 1995 changed teaching on generation and all my hopes and optimism went out the window and I knew it was all crap. It took me another five years though before I started my "fade". It was the best thing I ever did and I am sorry I didn't do it ten years earlier. I had very few friends and thankfully no family there, so it is NO loss.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...but was scrutinized over my dress and figure by people with issues."

Is your figure worthy of scrutiny?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Vidiot:

It sure as hell was then! I have to work on it a little more now. Time doesn't do favors for anybody.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Wake up call??? How about the zombie like attitude that existed in the congregation. I never felt like I fit in with many of the congregations. The whole socio/economic/education parameters left me associating with people that I knew I could have better quality friends than the limited number available in the congregation. As they say on Big Bang Theory, your thrown into association with people that have "few options, low goals", and limited education. Many were just loosers all the way around. The last congregation I was in was a nightmare.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JakeM2012:

I know what you mean about "few options, low goals". I was made to feel like I was the most materialistic thing in the whole world because I had a decent job compared to the housecleaning level in the congregation.

Now, I am glad I never listened to these idiots. I cringe at the thought of how damaged I would be if I did.

Know what else? I don't want to know about witnesses and their financial problems and I am glad I am not associated today.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Being married to a hypocritical male chauvinistic elder for 20 years. Yeah right....appointed by holy spirit my ass!

• mann377
    mann377

Realizing that a religion that has all the answers does not allow questions!!!!!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt for new ones. interesting experiences .

This is a good way to get to know other on this

Site.

For me: Candince(spelling?) Conti ( Google her)

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

2 overlapping groups = 1 Generation.

What a crock.

I waited for 3 years then the dam broke. Researched and walked away.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

At the time the Evolution?Creation book came out in the 80s, I had already read some science books on evolution. I knew some of the qoutes were misrepresented, deliberately, and later books like "Is there a God who cares?" deliberately distorted information about earths early atmosphere.

Other doctrinal changes also shook my confidence in Gods Mouthpiece, and conflicts with scripture, and the 1935 date for ending the heavenly calling. On top of that I was on the receiving end of much unkindess and vicious gossip.

That was my wake up call.

Exitting took longer as evidence of the lies and bully boy tactics built up, until I had no reverence or respect for this self appointed prophet/liar.

It was the Generation Witchtower of 1995 that made me queasy for a fortnight, that when the dying really started.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit