What was YOUR wake-up call before you left the JW´s organization?

by Mr Fool 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

What was YOUR wake-up call(s) before you left the JW´s organization?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    What was YOUR wake-up call before you left the JW´s Organization?..

My Observations of JW`s at the Kingdom Hall..

It started when I was a Kid..

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2905760000/hABF3670C/

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

2001 DC Convention 'korah' drama. While others clapped, I felt nothing but disgust.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Da Bible itself was the big wake-up call for me, just reading it for what it is...After many years being in the WT ozone, The organization and its reps. came to be viewed for what it is....... C A C A......You see,"out of their mouth, their butt speaks".........

insot4

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

The constant hatred displayed towards non-cult members (worldly people) and the beating up of folks who went to college...plus the fact that you can't read anything outside of what is printed in NY.

Kool Jo

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I had loads of doctrinal issues that I was 'waiting on Jehovah' for. But when I saw the elders tell a mother she could not attend the wedding of her own daughter if she wished to remain a regular pioneer it was as if a light switched on. I ordered crisis of conscience within a week.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I had enough with assholes

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

I got tired of the control the WT has over the day to day lives of its adherents - you must dress this way, you can't wear that or watch certain shows, etc. So infuriating!!

• Mum
    Mum

After being a lone JW in an "unbelieving" family, then marrying an elder, I was disillusioned at how things really worked. Even then, I still believed it was "the Truth." What really cut me loose was the fact that my mental health was fading fast and I had to get away. Then it took two years to realize they were not special.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I always had little doubts in my mind about certain things. One of the things that really opened my eyes was the scripture where it usess the pluralized "nails" to indicate Jesus had more than one nail in his hands. I asked a "knowledgable" sister about it and she had no clue. just said to look at the WT Library and see what it says. The WT pretty much says "It doesn't matter what Jesus was killed on, just that he died." Okay, so why do they make a big deal about the cross then? Then I started digging further and further into doubts I had and welp... here I am... an evil apostate atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit