new book printed in Germany, not wallkill-why?

by factfinder 30 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was told the new book is printed in Germany since the Society has an agreement with Volkswagen. The preface of the book begins with "Imitate Their Faith, presented by Volkswagen."

At the end of the book, it mentions "See your local Volkswagen dealer for the best value in 4 door autos. Ask you dealer about incentives available for elders, ministerial servants and pioneers."

I also understand that the book will be available in a deluxe version next year. It will referred to as the Wolfsburg edition of the book.

Rub a Dub

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Now I know - I heard a story about a CO mentioning from the platform something about their fleet of vehicles all coming from VW car dealerships. Bethel Germany has some ongoing deal supplying all COs and DOs with VW products.

Perhaps soneone can confirm this.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Made in Germany

Druck und Verlag: Wachtturm-Gesellschaft, Selters/Taunus

Here in the UK, our copies come from Germany also. Our DVD's are made in Poland. I guess it's just down to costs and available capacity.

As regards 'Europe always was short on good raw materials' don't forget BOG Standard - British or German Steel Standard when only the best was good enough.

George

• factfinder
    factfinder

drawcad_1

That is interesting you mentioned that the Spanish & Philipino congs got new Bibles in from Japan.

The society installed a new HC bindery line for bible production in Japan a few years ago.

Desirous Of Change-

I wonder if they plan to greatly reduce the number of US bethelites for that reason, high healthcare costs here.

St. George-

I remember that the UK was getting books from the US branch. You also recieved the new book from Germany? Are any of the other books your cong gets coming from Germany instead of the US?

We get our DVDs from Mexico.

It makes sense to have Germany print books for the UK as I imagine shipping costs would be less than to print them here in the US and ship them overseas.

But the Wallkill printery was just expanded and fully modernized in 2004.

Since then they have sold 3 of their MAN Roland Lithomen presses and moved the printing of the English & Spanish editions of the magazines to Canada.

They were running double shifts on the 2 newer, faster Lithomen presses and in 2008 produced over 28,200,000 books & bibles.

They have capacity in the bindery to produce up to 175,000 books per day.

Something seems very wrong to me:

Congregations reporting delays on getting Bibles, then getting them in, but from the Japan branch.

The new book being printed in Germany and tracts in Canada.

Shortages at conventions of the new brochures.

Construction began at the WEC last year to upgrade the facilities, add a new residence bldg and a new 500,000 sq ft office bldg. This is a 5 year project. Are they upgrading the educational center so they can sell it?

The expansion at Wallkill is nearly complete. Are they upgrading the facilities there so they can sell the complex? Perhaps they plan to downsize the US facilities to just the new smaller complex at Warwick.

But I'm also wondering if something happened at the Wallkill printery such as presses breaking down that temprarily disrupted printing there, resulting in having literature shipped here from other branches.

The Imitate book gives the printing as April 2013.

Here in the US the convention releases were usually printed begining in January.

I appreciate everyones comments. I'm thinking of writing to a brother I know at Bethel about this, but he may just give it a "spin" explanation.

• prologos
    prologos

perhaps the short notice German printing explains the ERSATZ qulity of the materials. triple recycled short fiber paper?

George: BOG quality end products yes, replacement bearings for Mercedes engines made in England outclass the continentals.

sign on downed ME109: made in germany, Finished in Britain.

WT Printing is shifting all over, no wonder they have no time to get the doctrines straight.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bottom line it is cheaper, remember we are talking about a Corporation, if it can be done cheaper in Germany it's gonna be done there. Lets not forget they are selling all the Brooklyn property so vacating the factory of printing presses and what not takes lots of time. --

Look how cheap the books are now not to mention those cheap magazines they are scaling down and selling property, trimming any fat they can, because their former line of business has seen its peak and going down hill fast.

It would be nice to see these guys behind bars and not just out of business.

• factfinder
    factfinder

This governiing body does belong behind bars!

• prologos
    prologos

was there not an item about German Bethel doing things fastest and

somebody asked:

but is this a good thing?

"let the morning last us?"

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

"He mentioned that they're very busy with the remodeling going on at Walkill and that they're also supporting the building work at Tuxedo and Warwick. "

Tuxedo? Whats goin on there?

• factfinder
    factfinder

They are using property at Tuxedo for staging their construction equipment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit