new book printed in Germany, not wallkill-why?

by factfinder 30 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I just recieved a copy of the new book "Imitate Their Faith" and notice it was printed in the German branch, not at Wallkill.

Why would they ship books here (the US) from Germany instead of printing them in Wallkill?

The new tracts were printed in Canada.

Is something going on at the Wallkill printery that would would hinder book production there?

• Narcissistic Supply
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

• Sofi
    Sofi

I didn't pay that much attention at the convention, but they didn't mention anything about that... If you go to their website, they just say they are building the new watchtower headquarters somewhere upstate NY, since they're selling the Brooklyn building...but I bet you knew that already

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You vill read zees book und you vill LIKE EET!

• factfinder
    factfinder

It seems very strange we would be getting books from the Germany branch. Wallkill is the main book printery.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

A Bethel speaker out of Walkill just gave a talk at our Congregation in New England.

He mentioned that they're very busy with the remodeling going on at Walkill and that they're also supporting the building work at Tuxedo and Warwick.

Sounds like they're so busy with increasing their Real Estate holdings that they hardly have time to print their litter-trash for U.S. local consumption.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Sofi and bnybyt!

Could it be they need so much help on their construction jobs that they are using personel from the printery to work on construction?

Strange-that never happened before.

The way this new gb is, it would not be too far -fetched to think that after they finish the expansion at Wallkill they will turn around and sell the complex and have Germany take over US book production like they had Canada take over printing most magazines for the US.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Could it be they need so much help on their construction jobs that they are using personel from the printery to work on construction? "

I heard they were hiring "worldly contractors" to finish Warwick. Anyone else hear that?

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Maybe Wallkill is too busy churning out new bible 2.0's ready for the big reveal at the AGM? Or busy tippex-ing out every mention of Jesus, and writing in "Governing Body" instead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit