new book printed in Germany, not wallkill-why?

by factfinder 30 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

I noticed in June that the material, the paper was not of usual North American quality, then checked and it was made in Germany, not a Mercedes.

Europe always was short on good raw materials.

• factfinder
    factfinder

cukoo in the nest-

perhaps they are producing the new Bible . But they can produce 50,000 of those per day as well as 100,000 softcover books per day.

Does anyone who has gotten the new book have one that was made in the USA or are they ALL printed in Germany?

Thank you Data Dog-

So if they are using wordly contractors for construction at Warwick what is happening in Wallkill so that they need to have the Germany branch print books for the US?

• prologos
    prologos

may be it is cheaper, it certainly feels like that.

• besty
    besty
    Europe always was short on good raw materials.

what?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "I heard they were hiring "worldly contractors" to finish Warwick. Anyone else hear that?"

Yup, the timetable's been ramped up, and that's how they're gonna get it done.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    fact-finder - "The way this new GB is, it would not be too far-fetched to think that after they finish the expansion at Wallkill they will turn around and sell the complex and have Germany take over US book production like they had Canada take over printing most magazines for the US."

"Fix it up and flip it" would definately make a lot more sense in light of their consolidation intentions, these days.

From what I hear, the Patterson location is a very austere, utilitarian building; if they opt to give that place a facelift, too, it would definately support that theory.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Sounds like they're so busy with increasing their Real Estate holdings that they hardly have time to print their litter-trash for U.S. local consumption.

I heard they were hiring "worldly contractors" to finish Warwick

"Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

(W 11-15-13, p 20 study edition)

Of course, when WT expands their material holdings, it's "for Jehovah"; if a rank-and-file JW does it he will get a "readjustment" visit from the local Gestapo (the Elders).

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

The Spanish and Phillipino Congregations that share our hall have recieved shipments of bibles in the last 2 weeks, printed in Japan. I could see the Phillipino, but not the Spanish. Makes me wonder about the printing facility also.

• processor
    processor

Europe always was short on good raw materials

Hey, we have good paper, but Germans are stingy, and so are JW's - you can imagine that German JWs purchase the lousiest and cheapest paper that they can get around here. Likely it's from China.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The way this new gb is, it would not be too far -fetched to think that after they finish the expansion at Wallkill they will turn around and sell the complex and have Germany take over US book production like they had Canada take over printing most magazines for the US.

1) I suspect even more downsizing in the US Bethel facilities. Canada and most European countries provide healthcare to their citizens, whereas the US does not. In the US, healthcare costs are a HUGE expense to most businesses. This is the case for the WTS. They must cover the cost of healthcare for US Bethelites. Solutions: Move more production to other branches.

2) Expect more child abuse lawsuits against the WTS Corporations. I still think it a wise strategy to "close down" the old Corporations that are at risk of being entangled in lawsuits. Sell of the old properties that are owned by the old Corps. "Donate" the liquid a$$et$ to foriegn branches (with anonymous banking laws). Then when a new lawsuit is filed, just show the attorneys the "empty pockets" of the old WTS Corps. No money to be gained? No more lawsuits.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit