Wait on Jehovah - What does is it truly mean?

by ProfCNJ 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

"God works in mysterious ways" from non Jws.

@notjustyet, that is so true! JWs get real uppity when "Trinitarians" pull out the ole "God is a mystery" saying. Works the same exact way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

tim hopper - what a find!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Welcome to the real 'organization'.

I've been in this situation and have seen hundreds of others experience it by being 'put in their place'. I've seen too many good brothers ( and sisters too!) with great ideas that are told NO...

The WTBTS and it's branches are structured from the top down. Rank and position exist on every level. The 'pecking order' is very real.

'Waiting on Jehovah' to correct wrongs in the congregation only leads to pain and misery. Just like you focus on in your experience - ProfCNJ - , it's easy to blame a rotten, controlling person in the congregation. However, you (just like I used to do) miss the point: the real problem is the organizational policies and doctrines that run the WT machine.

This religion will never be improved or reformed from within.

ginger

• Honesty
    Honesty

"Wait on Jehovah" is not in the cult's 'New World Trepidation' but I found it 71 times on their 2006 WT Library.

Go figure.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I hve been baptized for over 54 years as a jw. Been an elder for many, many years and have told countless brothers and sisters to "wait on Jehovah". Now that I fully realize ttatt at 66 years old, I am so sorry for my disservice to my friends.

"Wait on Jehovah" should really be applied by the GB! If they would "wait on Jehovah" before they publish un-truth. Why don't they "wait on Jehovah" to reveal the 100%, 'no-need-for -new light' truth? Waiting n Jehovah is a niffty little catch phrase, similiar to 'in the truth', 'happiest people on earth', 'the best way of life', etc.

"Wait on Jehovah" GB so that the 'faithful' will not have to be embarrased by the stupid flip flops and back peddelling. Get it right the first time of is Jehovah just 'testing' us? Seems a little late in the game for the true God to be playing games with us.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It truly means: Don't rock the boat, not even one little bit.

Sit bolt upright an still and quiet in the boat.

Just do that and no more.

And then you die, and you can have a tombstone like the one above.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It means "Keep the faith" "Trust the men around you" - "Do what you are told"

It is the supreme arogance to blame their own misplaced expectations on God's apparent delays

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

What slimboyfat said

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wait on Jehovah - What does is it truly mean?

It`s a Message From..

Mother WatchTower..

...........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Wait on joke-hova and don't complain. Just a way to make us submit to being slaves. And, talking bad about joke-hova's "chosen one" amounts to talking bad about joke-hova, allowing joke-hova's "chosen one" to enslave everyone. This is as true whether you refer to the ancient Jews as the "chosen one" or a particular congregation, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger calling itself joke-hova's "chosen one" means they are using this "don't complain" to make slaves to themselves out of us.

In effect, we are to become slaves to the washtowel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit