Wait on Jehovah - What does is it truly mean?

by ProfCNJ 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Lamentations 3:26 Good it is that one should wait, + even silently, + for the salvation of Jehovah.

As for me, it is for Jehovah that I shall keep on the lookout. I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation.” (Micah 7:7; Lamentations 3:21)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wait on Jehovah = Sit down, shut up and don't ask questions. When we want your opinion we'll give it to you!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Waiting on Jehovah = Allow the elders to ride rough shod over you.

Waiting on Jehovah = If you have a teaching that doesn't make sense to you, wait it out and you will find yourself miraculously accepting, or it will be changed by those whos opinions on scripture really matter.

This is of course all besides the ides that people in the bible who were "waiting on Jehovah" still usually did something, and lived in the age (apparently), of angels and miracles and supernatural whatsywhosit.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Wait on Jehovah - What does is it truly mean?

Simple. It means that Jehovah is waiting on his personally chosen Governing Body to fuck things up by coming up with new crap that is designed to rectify things that are really fucked up; the reasoning being that in order to deal with already-fucked-up-things, they need to wait until Jehovah gives them the go-ahead to come up with new and better fucked-up-things to correct the old-and-bad-fucked-up-things.

This is what "Wait on Jehovah" means, and it is all Bible-Based(tm).

Farkel, Politically Incorrect CLASS

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi guys and fellow JWN members, thanks for sharing your insightful comments and perspectives.

In retrospect, there could be occasions a Christian can display a waiting attitude for one cannot expect all his wishes to come true all at the same time. Nevertheless, there are certain situations at hand when one can INITIATE goodwill especially if he/she has the ability to do it. And this would not necessarily mean to wait for the Most High to act. I believe a well-meaning and sincere Christian can be as creative as he can be no matter what his/her privilege in the organization.

Suggestions from rank-and-file should be treated with utmost respect and well-received under the spirit of love and understanding and not frowned upon. Everything boils down to 1 Cor. 13.

Romans 12:10 (ESV) also reminds us: "Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." NIV rendered the same verse more aptly: "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

Question is: How do the GB, Branch Committee Heads, travelling overseers and elders, APPLY this principle when hearing out opinions and suggestions from fellow believers who are just publishers?

Our Lord Jesus Christ has demonstrated unconditional love even to children in Luke 18: 15-17.

15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

If children Jesus regarded as subjects of God's Kingdom, what more are well-meaning Christians with pure motives to help - regardless of privilege in the organization - when they have bright ideas and suggestions that can help quality of teaching in the Congregation?

Waiting on Jehovah is not simply waiting for his divine judgement vs. the wicked not just bearing patience when one is reaching for a privilege. It is exercising divine qualities and Christ-like character in making things happen. No amount of organizational position (e.g. GB, DO/CO or Elder) can justify a Christian not to cling to the principles of these scriptures. Otherwise, they might be unknowingly subscribing to the ugly attitude of the Pharisees.

We cannot just wait on Jehovah and just act like programmed robots. R&F JW's are endowed also with enormous amount of talent and gifts. They are given not to be suppressed. They were given to be harnessed to the fullest with the guiding principle under Colossians 3:23-24 which states: " Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

• prologos
    prologos

yes, the new covenat means that Gods law is in everyone's heart, not only in the inner party members.

they practise self-exaltation contrary to bible teachings.

they are rejecting the talking snake tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit