Wait on Jehovah - What does is it truly mean?

by ProfCNJ 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Good evening folks! We have encountered this advice countlessly on WT study articles. This especially comes out to ease the waiting pain of brothers eagerly waiting for God's new world and the end of the old system of things - with all the sufferings that go along with it.

I also noticed this being floated to try to extend the patience of brothers who are jumping ahead of the organization in terms of thinking - as if they are pre-empting the organization on certain sensitive views and issues.

If a brother has gotten an idea or insight that is far more superior than the present affairs in the Society, or regarded as way in advance - he can be branded as a brother "not in order". It is as if the brother has committed a flaw to draw attention on him. It is as if he should have just be content in waiting for changes before being too preemptive.

My personal experience is truly revealing. We have 4 elders only sometime 1 1/2 years ago. In my desire to help the BOE, I have initiated to meet with my fellow Ministerial Servants to draw out plans and suggestions to make the elders work less stressful. The main idea was simple - help the BOE. We came out with minutes containing constructive suggestions. Suddenly, then the Presiding Overseer and another elder saw the work as encroaching the rights and privileges of an elder. They thought there was no such thing as body of Minsiterial Servants. In other words, what we thought were very practical action plans, had in fact no use at all. Even the MS who's a bethelite was stunned to hear the views of this PO. I felt so frustrated since the brothers (MS) combined their wits to come up with sound recommendations and a system. Instead of commendation, we got bashed, our motives even got questioned. End of the story.

This has led yours truly to believe that the exhortation to "Wait on Jehovah" is sometimes a misnomer. WT should have just re-phrase it into: "Wait on the WT leadership to make the necessary changes. Don't initiate things too much. Or you may find yourself in trouble."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Wait on Jehovah" if you are just an ordinary publisher means "don't complain if you suffer injustice in the congregation, because we can't be bothered dealing with it properly. Don't you realise just how small and insignificant you are? We've got more important stuff to do, like flying around the world pretending we are somebody."

"Wait on Jehovah" if you have spotted a flaw in the magazines and ask someone to explain it means "just shup up and place the literature. Who do you think you are to try to correct us? We are God's representatives on earth you know."

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

you thought you was a people but the WT wants you to shut up and be a sheeple. The ones in control have to MAINTAIN their control and EXERCISE their control. Anything that happens, even if it's good, is a threat to their power to control. If it ain't the head dog's idea it's got to go.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

In my opinion it means: Wait on the GB/ Wait on the FT ... why? They do not get spirit guided information and therefore they place themselves in the seat of Jehovah. Fill in the GB where you find Jehovah and you will see what I mean

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Didn't you know?

This worldwide evangelizing organization is not tailored according to any present-day legal corporation that may be required under the laws of man-made political governments that now face destruction in the “war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Har–Magedon. (Rev. 16:14-16) No legal corporation of earth shapes the evangelizing organization or governs it. Rather, it governs such corporations as mere temporary instruments useful in the work of the great Theocrat. Hence it is patterned according to His design for it. It is a theocratic organization, ruled from the divine Top down, and not from the rank and file up. The dedicated, baptized members of it are under Theocracy! Earthly legal corporations will cease when the man-made governments that chartered them perish shortly. But the theocratic organization will live on, serving its Supreme Theocratic Ruler. Under his protection it will enter into his righteous new order. It will be right there on hand, as soon as the “great tribulation” is over, and be instantly ready to serve as His instrument in his new order.

The Watchtower 1971, December 15, page 754 par. 29

FYI: After all competition is eliminated, the WTBTS will direct affairs from the top down just like any present-day legal corporation.

See also . . . The diary of a Armageddon survivor

• zeb
    zeb

slimboyfat. You get 100%.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Recently read where a poster commented that the "Wait on Jehovah" that the JWs use could be likened to the

"God works in mysterious ways" from non Jws. It's a way to "pigeon hole" those doubts that crop up from time to time.

Keeps the cognitive dissonance down to a minimum.

NJY

• wasblind
    wasblind

Think about all the things Jehovah' Witnesses can do today because people refused to " Wait on Jehovah "

In the southern states, It used to be a time when interracial marriages were illegal.

You could only choose your mate base on the color thier skin, not only if you loved them

You could not even sit together on a bus goin' in the same direction

Let alone eat together in a restaurant, or drink from the same water fountain

Jehovah' Witnesses thumb there nose up at those who refuse to " Wait "

and at the same time enjoy the fruits off of anothers labor

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Came across this in an old Devon churchyard:

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was told to wait on Jehovah when I was concerned that some child might be harmed by one of the child molesters we had in the hall.

The CO even told me that it was not my place to worry about such things ( I am after all only a lowly woman in a man's world) and even if the worst case happened and child was molested Jehovah would wipe that memory out of their minds in the new system.

The answer I got was I just needed to wait on Jehovah to fix the problem, because not telling parents did not make sense to me but if that was the way the Faithful Slave wants it then I should not question it.

By the way Tim Hopper loved your post, how truly sad is that toomstone.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit