My doubting friend came by and left the letter...

by confusedandalone 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We`ve always been Wrong,that`s why we`re Right!..

I hope that clears things up for you..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Something about this struck me as strange: The group that included Brother Russell and his associates who studied the Scriptures to find the truth was like a forerunner of "the faithful and discreet slave." Although Jesus stated that "the faithful and discreet slave" would be used during the last days as a channel of spiritual food, it does not mean that Jehovah did not use other individuals and groups as channels of communication. For example, in the first century, Jehovah used the eight writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures and the governing body in Jerusalem as a channel of communication.

But apparently, they didn't know what they were talking about either. But now, we do... They were just a bunch of well-meaning, mis-informed pikers.

• Watkins
    Watkins

MOOT... yes, everything they used to teach as "Truth" is now moot... useless... a waste of printing paper and ink.

Today's "new light" is tomorrow's stinking heap of garbage!

• hotspur
    hotspur

since the information was not revealed directly to Brother Russell but he obtained the information from others

Well, that certainly hides the fact that he calculated it by measuring tunnels in a pyramid, then the date was wrong followed with a clarification - the date was wrong because the measurement was inaccurate!

Nutjobs!

• hotspur
    hotspur

since the information was not revealed directly to Brother Russell but he obtained the information from others

Well, that certainly hides the fact that he calculated it by measuring tunnels in a pyramid, then the date was wrong followed with a clarification - the date was wrong because the measurement was inaccurate!

Nutjobs!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The verses iMatthew clearly describe the slave as being there BEFORE he went away and AFTER his return. This makes no sense as he 'went away' 2000 years ago! How was the FDS on earth then ?

if they claim that all serving righteous followers/leaders were the FDS in that time period, it puts Russell back in the FDS.

what a bunch of bullshit.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The group that included Brother Russell and his associates who studied the Scriptures to find the truth was like a forerunner of "the faithful and discreet slave."

Not a "forerunner," but "like a forerunner." Such BS!

Note that (other than the current 7/15/2013 WT) most of the references are to other WT publications which--I would like to point out--were written during the period that the then current GB was wrong about the identity of the FDS!

The other sources were all members of "false religion" predating the IBS/JWs! Such BS ... oh, I already said that!

Can you post a scan of the actual letter with your friends address redacted?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Next time your friend comes around tell him that the Russell dates and all the 1914 stuff means nothing at all anyway because the bible tells us clearly when Jesus sat down at his father's right and hand and started to rule in Heaven, Ephesians 1:20-23, yep right there. I just love using the Bible to blow up the JW's dogma they can't deny it!!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have read alot of letters from 'branches' and from Brooklyn in response to individuals who had questions or needed help. I don't recall ever seeing such a detailed response to someone unless there was legal action or if someone was being outsted from the 'family'.

Amazing he got so much attention from someone there to actually bother with a reponse other than 'pray', 'more field service', 'discuss with your local elder body', 'new light', or 'wait on Jehovah'.

-Aude.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Aude, " I don't recall ever seeing such a detailed response"

Send in a donation for $5 and see how much attention you get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit