New Arrangement: All Can Listen In to Bethel Annual Meeting

by Red Piller 29 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tech,

{{He went on and on about what a GRAND privilege it was to be able to "attend" this meeting... as in the past only those that could obtain a "ticket" through whatever means necessary could have the "privilege" of listening in. "Dont miss it! All of the annointed will be on the program! It is going to be a wonderful, truly life-changing meeting! You HAVE to be there!"}}

He sure knows how to speak the party line pretty good. It may be a life changing meeting alright, but not necessarily for the better.

• Calebs Airplane
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Maybe things are being handled differently in your neck of the world than in mine. In the US we are being issued tickets for the local assembly hall. Some congregations in the area are being chosen to host this event also, and maybe if you attend there it won't require a ticket--I don't know. Anyone who thinks he will really get to see what the annual meeting is all about is sure to be disappointed, since we are assigned to just a 2 hour segment. That's right, 2 hours is all we're going to get! This is just window dressing on the part of the GB. Even to hardcore JWs this will be a disappointment.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh great...another meeting.

I wonder if they will see this a some great priviledge, or no big deal since the annual meeting notes went out over the internet before the final prayer.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

OTWO - I agree. I think there's some significance in this.

Socrates- I am in the US. The assembly hall arrrangement was how it was handled last year. This time, we are invited to another hall, so we are not "hosting".

You may be right about only 2 hours - I can't remember.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's going to be really dumb.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If someone were to attend, they could stream this to http://www.ustream.tv/new which is a site that allows a iPhone to send video audio free to this site where we could all watch.

Check it out,... If you dare.

NJY

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

OP is correct. Although the original letter DID say that tickets were going to be required to attend this year's annual meeting at the local AH or KH, a revised letter came out this week saying that the GB changed their mind and that tickets will no longer be required. So I guess any of us could crash the meeting and see what the big deal is.

Honestly, I think that it's going to be just as underwhelming as all the other 'special' events they hold, although it may prove to be a useful cure for someone with insomnia.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It seems as though the Governing Body is working towards more live exposure to the rank and file via the video hook ups and latter DVDs, seem approprate now that they have proclaimed themselves the Faithfull and Discreet Slave this wouls be a logical step to take.

I wonder if they are going tell the rank and file what makes Jehovah sad, and what not tomfoolery*?

*tom·fool·er·y (tm-fl-r)

n. pl. tom·fool·er·ies 1. Foolish behavior. 2. Something trivial or foolish; nonsense.

• minimus
    minimus

What a loving provision from the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit