New Arrangement: All Can Listen In to Bethel Annual Meeting

by Red Piller 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

Just curious but does anybody know when the annual meeting is held? or at least what month? Thanks in advance

Perversion of a Truth

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

October 6th is that date I have.

That's what the Public Meeting Schedule on the "Don't call it a Bulletin Board" indicated.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

In larger cities, this is not possible unless they rent out several stadiums at the same time in addition to the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls. Maybe they will provide a tie-line or link for a video stream?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Will the governing body lovingly make provisions for non-jws to attend? I'll go!

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

Thank you Oubliette, much appreciated!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great. Another thing I can be encouraged to attend.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I can only assume this new Bible won't be out for awhile. Won't be available at this program? How can they ensure funds for this? Will they now have an additional 'donation' box' for these Bibles? They must have some kind of control on this, can't just give for free?

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaughts!!! We Just Love This Idea!!!

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

What's the use of being a elderette if all the "dirt and rabble" are invited to listen to a meeting once reserved for people who follow the strict instructions of the Faithful Slave and get their time in each month. That's real nice, allowing basic Jane and Ray Publishers to attend the Annual Convention broadcasts that were once reserved for the Elect! Way to go, nice job at watering down our value before the rest of the Congregation!

They can make it up by making seperate bathrooms for spiritual women and another padded bathroom for the depressed ones crying about their disfellowshiped children or dying parents so our happy feelings of superiority are not troubled during the Meetings nor will we get our dresses wet from their tears!

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This was just announced in my cong. too, in Canada, we get to watch a feed (live or recorded, depending on what time you're assigned) of the meeting. Anyone outside of North America invited to watch? The letter also stressed "only baptized publishers" can attend, the letter said to read it twice apparently.

AFAIK this has never happend before. Not expecting any "new light" either, just don't see anything changing soon. Maybe they'll stress 2014 is armageddon!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit