New Arrangement: All Can Listen In to Bethel Annual Meeting

by Red Piller 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

A letter read at our meeting.

Our congregation is assigned a location (a nearby congregation) to listen (video, also?) to the Annual Meeting. "Since all are invited including minor children, there will be no need for tickets".

• blondie
    blondie

I guess they want the rank and file to get it firsthand not through the interpretations or memories of the privileged few invited in the past. The WTS will be reviewing and repeating and splaining for 30 years from now. 1995 = end of 1914 generation is still not understood by many jws even 18 years later.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In the past most JW's have to wait for nearly a year to find out what happened, or find out the following day on a site such as this!

George

• SAHS
    SAHS

Just a “heads up” – perhaps we should make sure that there is someone getting some “independent” footage of this thing right at the source. I wonder if it would be worth inviting some folks from the news media to do some filming, at least as a kind of general interest story. The more audio-video coverage the better, to make it all the harder for the Governing Body to be able to do any kind of backpedaling should the need arise. Although, I would wonder if they would actually let any news media personnel through the door – perhaps someone from the news media could be persuaded to provide some covert coverage incognito. Just a thought. Surely some sort of direct coverage could somehow be pre-arranged. That annual meeting will be coming up pretty fast. We’d better be ready with that electronic “noose” so they can end up hanging themselves on it, so to speak. Let’s not give them any opportunity to wriggle out of this one!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gosh yes. It will be interesting to see what the creeps come up with this year.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think they will invite everyone to go to wallkill... and a date for armagedon

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

All will have an opportunity to donate for a repackaged NWT with all the appendixes from the reference Bible.

(With duly made comparisons to store-bought Bible prices, so that an appropriate donation amount can be given. Remember, this will be a captive audience. And conveniently, Bibles haven't been available for a while, so that a 'need' has been established.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This seems minor as cults go, but it does also seem like a step toward being more in control of the members.

"The FDS has spoken. Come listen to Leader speak."

Anything they say is like as if it came from God to the members. While I doubt they will give some kind of marching orders, it could easily happen from such meetings.

"Drink the Kool-Aid." "Shun the inactive one." "Give us your life savings."

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It's too bad they dont open up the conference call for questions like most public corporations. I would ask them about their policy changes in light of Conti and what they plan to do with Billion in real estate windfall.

• Tech49
    Tech49

So maybe I am just missing something here. I don't get what all the fuss is all about. Yesterday, at the conclusion of the meeting, they read a letter outlining the local arrangements as to where and when the Annual Meeting was going to be broadcast.

Afterwards, I approached a brother who has served at Bethel, and asked him to help me understand why this is such an enourmous BLESSING??? Whats all the hubbub?

He went on and on about what a GRAND privilege it was to be able to "attend" this meeting... as in the past only those that could obtain a "ticket" through whatever means necessary could have the "privilege" of listening in. "Dont miss it! All of the annointed will be on the program! It is going to be a wonderful, truly life-changing meeting! You HAVE to be there!"

Ummm....... okayyyyyyyyy...... still not getting what all the fuss is about... besides just another way to waste a perfectly good Saturday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit