How did you spend your Saturdays?

by MissConfused 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

It's been 3 weeks and every weekend is so much fun, spending quality time with REAL friends who dont pretend... Last week was BBQ, this Sat was Potluck, next one is long weekend away from home... All in all love my life again.... How was your Saturday? :)

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Being away from meetings and field service is a wonderful feeling.

Bangalore

• flipper
    flipper

MISS CONFUSED- Are you asking how WE spent our Saturdays this weekend ? Well, I did a lot of yard work in our organic garden . Made a trip to the local dump in clearing stuff off of our property. Relaxed and practiced playing guitar out on our deck overlooking a mountain canyon with somewhat smoky skies as we are having some wildfires in this Northern part of California in the Sierra mountains right now. My wife and I had a great stir fried dinner I made with grilled cheese and avocado sandwiches then finished the day watching a cool DVD documentary on guitarist J.J. Cale's life. The one who wrote " After Midnight " and " Cocaine " - songs for Eric Clapton. Cale just died so I was interested in finding out more about him. Really like his music. So that was our day ! Some fun, some responsibility - but a good day all in all. Glad you had a great time too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Birthday BBQ with neighbors who are rapidly becoming close friends. Since Mrs. Dazed stopped all things JW around February, we have been filling our weekends with a lot of fun activities including many birthday BBQ’s and neighbor get-togethers.

• cofty
    cofty

Did some jobs around the house. Went for lunch with Mrs Cofty at a local farm restaurant. I went to the football (Berwick Rangers 4 - 0 Queens Park) while Mrs Cofty did some shopping. Then we met for coffee. Went for a long walk along the bank of the river Tweed ending up at a pub. Got an Indian take-away on the way home and spent the evening watching TV and reading.

Happy days.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Got up late, Nugget and I took the dog for walk, bought some nice crusty bread and breakfast items in Bishops Waltham. Came home had a wonderful breakfast, dossed a round the house for a bit. Listened to Southampton beat West Brom. Met up with a another couple in Southampton and went to the cinema - Kick-ass 2 is a great film if you haven't seem it. On the way back got a Bucket of KFC, ate it whilst watching a Harry Potter Film. In between these strenuous activities I posted stuff here and n Facebook.

Weekends are so nice........

• humbled
    humbled

Good morning! Saturday is when I sell a week's worth of spoon carving at the local Farmers Market. It is a beautiful setting on the old town square here in the Ozark mountains.

Since I am house-sitting in town this week (why I have the internet now) I slept in til 6:30 am, rolled out to a morning cool for August but with bright sun. Old car pre-packed, coffee in hand, in 5 minutes I was setting up umbrella, spoon-bench and tools at 7 sharp.

I love the market. Many friends were there for me and strangers stopped to watch a spoon grow out of a tree and talk "spoons" with me. (I learned definitely how to discern what kind of winter we'll have by splitting open the seed of the wild persimmon tree). I saw old JW friends who I liked so much whose eyes dragged past me and whose feet flashed past me. I wish we could have talked.

I missed the young busker whose fiddle makes my kitchen spoons clatter against my knee and dance in my fingers while I should be carving. But instead I heard the melody of a saxaphone and a bass fiddle--lovely.

I had children stop for a long time loving the noisy mess I made and loving the hatchet and gouges. Other vendors asked about my health, we joked and encouraged one another. One friend's cancer is back, she was reluctant to tell me so as not to discourage me--but we talked at the end of market as she helped me clean up my chippy mess. We are resolved to enjoy each day of life and not count the days with sadness. she is such a good woman.

After that my youngest son bought a lovely take out-of lasagna for us to share and we split a large Guiness from the package store. My day wound down to just me and the cat in the house I am "sitting" til Tuesday evening.

Thank you, friend, for asking. It is good to share what we DO with a Saturday now we are not tormenting ourselves and others with a sale's pitch from Brooklyn.

Maeve

• tiki
    tiki

sleep until i want to get up....do a wash.....go grocery shopping, errands, etc....

hang around on my beautiful deck......drink wine.....watch guy fieri make the rounds......

work all week - love quiet weekends at home with my lover and my felines.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I did the same thing on Saturday that I did on Friday and today..manned a yard sale. It was a community wide sale, and I made $250. A good friend of mine had some of her stuff at my sale, and she sat with me most of the time. We had time to catch up, and we both enjoyed talking to the shoppers. My husband joined us when he had the time. Another friend of mine brought a bike over to put in the sale. We already had a smaller bike, and I got to sell both of them at very good prices to a disabled woman for her children. The looks on her kids' faces was amazing! It was really cool!

Next Saturday I'l be doing prep work, because on Sunday I'll be cooking up a storm for a baby shower. We're waiting on our fifth, yes I said fifth, granddaughter!

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Saturday morning TotallyADD and I manned a booth at the local farmers' market for Penn State Master Gardeners. Grabbed some lunch then over to a friend's apartment to help her move out.

This morning back to her apartment to finish up and clean up. Then home to can tomato sauce, freeze some green beans, and dry some dill from our garden.

Much more productive, not to mention enjoyable, than knocking on strangers' doors to recruit for a publishing corporation.

Reopened Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit